Shelter Officer - Distribution - Jordan
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and beliefs shall guide our actions and relationships.
The following is a brief description of the role.
These responsibilities shall be the same for all positions with the same title. The responsibilities shall be short and essential. Details belong in the Work- and Professional Development Plan.
- Provides direction, assigns tasks and gives instructions to staff, specifies their individual work plans and evaluates individual team members performance.Or Provides direction, assigns tasks and gives instructions to daily labours and/or contractors and evaluates individual performance.
- Supports the assigned staff in their professional development, identifies training needs, supports staff to achieve the objectives defined in their learning development plans.
- Monitors the progress of the activities of assigned staff and ensures they are implemented conform planning and quality standards.
- Develops with the assigned team, Monthly activity plans
- Ensures compliance with NRC policies CC tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Identify, analyse and evaluate processes and gaps in the implementation of activities and make recommendations for improvement.
- Reports over the achieved activities, provides analysis over the performed activities and signal bottlenecks.
These responsibilities shall be adapted to the particularities of the job location and context, phase of operation, strategic focus and type of programme intervention. This section shall be revised whenever a new employee is hired or the context changes significantly. The line manager drafts the specific responsibilities and sends them to his/her line manager for approval.
- Directly managing data entry team during NFI distributions.
- Preparing distribution reports for the Project team leader.
- Registering refugees through the UNHCR RAIS registration system.
- Direct responsibility for the delivery of the NFIs to new arrivals.
- Preparing data reports and analyzing information based on registration data.
Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organisation to deliver desired results. They are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following two categories:
1. Professional Competencies
These are skills, knowledge and experience that are important for effective performance.
Generic professional competencies for this position:
• Previous experience in working in complex and volatile contexts
• Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
• Very Good English Language level (Business English is a plus)
Context/specific skills, knowledge and experience:
Qualification requirement: College/diploma degree equivalent
Years of Experience: 2
• A 1-year experience of working in camps.
- A 1-year experience of working in HR, Logistics and financial documentation.
2. Behavioral Competencies (max 6)
These are personal qualities that influence how successful people are in their job. NRC’s Competency Framework states 12 behavioral competencies, the following are essential for this position:
• Planning and delivering results
• Working with people
• Managing resources to optimize results
• Empowering and building trust
3. Performance Management
The employee will be accountable for the responsibilities and the competencies, in accordance with the NRC Performance Management Manual. The following documents will be used for performance reviews:
• The Job Description
• The work and Development Plan
• The Mid-term/End-of-trial Period Performance Review Template
• The End-term Performance Review Template
• The NRC Competency Framework
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Amman
- Grade: Mid level
- Emergency Aid
- Protection Officer (Refugee)
- Protection Officer (Refugee)
- Closing Date: 2016-11-30