Northern Nigeria Crisis Response-Response Coordinator
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Northern Nigeria Crisis Response-Response Coordinator
Northeast Nigeria is currently facing a growing humanitarian crisis with a vast number of Internally Displaced Persons in need of emergency assistance. These IDPs are living among host communities, lacking access to livelihoods and resources, ultimately leading to unprecedented levels of malnutrition and food insecurity. FHI 360 has been working in Nigeria for over 30 years and is now expanding activities in Borno state to respond to the IDP crisis.
The Response Coordinator’s primary responsibilities are to manage and lead all humanitarian activities of the new liberated government areas (LGAs) - Dikwa, Bama and Gwoza – with potential for additional sites. Under the supervision of the Nigeria Country Director, and with Technical Direction from the Director of Crisis Response, the Response Coordinator will be the most senior leader of the response team in country overseeing all OFDA funded program staff and program activities from the Maiduguri office, as well as program support functions related the project. The Response Coordinator will manage 7 staff members in the Maiduguri office and 5 Field Site Coordinators in 3 LGAs.
Job Summary / Responsibilities:
- Leads and directs the development and implementation process for company projects involving departmental or cross -functional teams focused on the delivery of new or existing projects.
- Plans and directs project schedules and monitors budget/spending.
- Monitors the project/program from initiation through delivery.
- Organizes project(s) activities ensuring completion of the project on schedule and within budget constraints.
- Selects, develops and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Plans, directs, and coordinates activities for designated projects to ensure that goals and objectives are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters.
- Reviews project proposals and plans to determine scheduling, budget, procedures, staffing, and allotment of resources needed for projects.
- Establishes work plans, project teams, and SOPs to meet project goals and ensure compliance with policies.
- Establishes, serves and maintains partnerships with internal and external stakeholders on project matters.
- Provide leadership to the project team, ensuring clarity over plans and priorities, encouraging effective team-work.
- Responsible for induction of project staff, ensuring their familiarity with mandate values, quality standards, policies and program objectives and their individual responsibilities in upholding these standards and policies.
• Bachelor's Degree or its International Equivalent - Knowledge/Information Services, Communications, Education, Environment, Health, Behavioral, Life/Social Sciences International Development, Human Development or Related Field.
• Typically requires a minimum of 8+ years of project management experience.
• Certification in project management preferred.
• Demonstrated experience in multi-sector project management and implementation.
• Demonstrated strategic planning, staff development and capacity building experience.
• Demonstrated experience in leading and managing complex projects that are strategic in nature and national/international in scope.
• Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent English; fluent in host country language as appropriate.
• Experience operating in insecure environments.
• Experience working in a non-governmental organization (NGO).
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package. Please click here to visit FHI 360's Career Center for a list of all open positions.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
- Organization: FHI 360
- Location: Abuja
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Conflict prevention
- Conflict prevention
- Conflict prevention
- Closing Date: 2016-12-14