Post 2015 Adviser
New York City
The post is located in the Post 2015 Branch which works with UN System agencies, UN member states, external partners and civil society organizations to promote UNFPA positions for the full implementation of the ICPD beyond 2014 and support its integration in the 2030 Agenda as well as relevant intergovernmental processes. This post reports to the Director, Division for Governance and Multilateral Affairs and has supervisory responsibility for the Post 2015 Branch to ensure that all ICPD issues are fully integrated into the follow up processes of the 2030 Agenda and in achieving organizational objectives in inter-governmental and inter-agency processes.
Post 2015 Branch Adviser will advise the Director DGM on strategic Fund-wide interventions, as well as on operational issues that shall ensure sound political, technical and management leadership as well a strategic direction for UNFPA to successfully implement the outcomes of the 2030 Agenda, and for the implementation of the ICPD beyond 2015 at national, regional and global levels. Key activiteis include:
- Strategic direction, planning and management
- Policy Guidance and Advise
- Technical Leadership and Capacity Development
Qualifications and Experience
- Advanced University Degree in Social Sciences, Development, Diplomacy and International Relations.
Knowledge and Experience:
- 10 years of relevant and increasingly responsible professional and managerial experience in development and multilateral institutions or government at the national and international levels;
- Knowledge of the ICPD agenda essential; prior experience in the UN system an asset;
- Strong inter-personal skills, strong public speaking skills; excellent speech writing and report writing skills.
- Proficiency in English required.
- Working knowledge of an additional UN language an asset.
- Organization: UNFPA - United Nations Population Fund
- Location: New York City
- Grade: P-5, International Professional
- Closing Date: 2016-12-03