Chief of Party - Decentralization
CARE seeks a Chief of Party for an anticipated USAID-funded decentralization project in Cambodia. This procurement is expected to be a five-year agreement in the $10-$25-million USD range.
The Chief of Party is accountable for the overall vision and leadership of the project and is accountable for delivering results. The successful candidate should possess significant experience managing program, financial, and operations of USAID- or other international donor-funded projects.
This position is subject to project award and funding. International relocation and allowances may be available.
- Oversee the completion of all technical requirements, including project results and deliverables, in accordance with the project work plan.
- Build and maintain productive working relationships with USAID, project partners, and key stakeholders. Serve as the primary liaison among all project stakeholders.
- Manage the project’s operational, financial, and administrative priorities; direct the planning and budgeting processes. Create or adapt management systems in line with CARE’s standard operating procedures, ensuring consistency with project needs.
- Build partnerships among international -, national- and community-level stakeholders
- Design and oversee an annual project cycle in accordance with USAID’s annual planning cycles
- With staff and partners, translate project goals and objectives into implementable strategies and plans. Oversee the preparation of quarterly and annual project activity reports, M&E reports, and other deliverables, as specified in the agreement. Report against the project’s targets.
- Represent the project at high-level meetings, conferences, and other fora.
- Guide team members to fulfill the project’s strategic goals and objectives.
- Supervise and mentor senior staff, delegating responsibilities as appropriate. Clearly communicate expectations for staff performance.
- Master’s degree in international relations, political science, public policy, or a relevant field required.
- Minimum of 10 years of progressively responsible experience in international development project management (USAID program management preferred); previous Chief of Party, Deputy Chief of Party, or senior management experience on democracy, governance, or public financial management.
- Experience with one or more of the following: decentralization, local governance, civil society capacity building, public financial management, accountability and anti-corruption, and Southeast Asia.
- Proven exceptional leadership in the design, management, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of similar-sized international donor-supported programs, with skills in strategic planning and thinking, management, supervision and budgeting, and experience managing complex activities involving coordination with multiple program partner institutions.
- Demonstrated skills building and maintaining relationships with host governments, donors, other donor-funded projects and stakeholders, local organizations, and partners.
- Strong oral and written communication skills; excellent demonstrated interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Experience recruiting, developing, and managing staff and teams.
- Track record of strong commitment to sharing knowledge, documenting experiences, supporting creative initiatives, and sharing credit.
- Experience managing required programmatic and financial reporting requirements. Experience with M&E is a plus.
- Previous experience in South East Asia is a strong advantage.
- Fluency in English (spoken and written) is required; knowledge of local languages is a plus. Working proficiency of Khmer strongly preferred.
- Ability to travel within Cambodia as required.
- Organization: CARE
- Location: Phnom Penh
- Grade: Senior
- Closing Date: 2017-01-10