Personal Assistant to the Chief Executive Officer
Lausanne | Geneva
Role & Responsibilities
To provide an efficient and responsive administrative, organisational, and logistical support to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), helping them to manage and prioritise their time and maximise their productivity. Also provides secondary support to the rest of the Executive Leadership Team (ELT).
Medair Headquarters (HQ) provides operational guidance for country programmes and activities, along with both technical and compassionate support for our relief workers. Within our headquarters, we are also responsible for promoting the work of Medair to the world, to raise and manage the funds needed to run our life-saving and sustaining programmes. Our headquarters teams are also responsible for recruiting international and HQ staff, and like our field teams, we are committed to serve the world’s most vulnerable with practical and compassionate care.
Medair is a humanitarian organisation inspired and motivated by Christian faith to relieve human suffering in some of the world’s most remote and devastated places. We bring relief and recovery to people in crisis, regardless of race, creed or nationality. As signatories of the Red Cross Code of Conduct, we believe that aid should be given to everyone who is in need, regardless of political, social or religious viewpoint. We save lives in emergencies and then stay to help people recover from crisis with dignity—working side by side with communities to leave a lasting impact. We provide a range of emergency relief and recovery services: health care and nutrition; safe water, sanitation, and hygiene; shelter and infrastructure. Internationally recruited field and headquarters staff lead the organisation, supported by nationally recruited staff to implement programmes locally.
Medair HQ, Lausanne, Switzerland
As soon as possible
Initial Contract Details
Full time, 4 - 5 months contract
Key Activity Areas
· Diary management and day to day logistical support for the CEO.
· Organise travel and accommodation plans for the CEO.
· Ensure ELT meetings run effectively and efficiently.
· Screen telephone calls, enquiries and requests, and handling them when appropriate.
· Deal with correspondence and writing letters, meeting minutes etc.
· Manage Medair reception by welcoming visitors and answering telephone calls.
· Represent the CEO to a variety of internal and external stakeholders including CEOs of other organisations, the IBoT, suppliers, local and national authorities.
· Maintain office filing and plan ahead ensuring the CEO is well-prepared for meetings.
· Prioritise and highlights issues of day to day importance for the CEO’s attention.
· Produce documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations.
· Support other ELT members individually as above on an ad-hoc basis.
· Organise Christmas party.
· Order Christmas cards and send to CEO network.
· Organise farewell parties for directors.
Executive / Prayer
· Prepare HQ Quarterly Devotion Schedule and share it with relevant stakeholders.
· Do a monthly presentation on the importance of prayer for new Medair staff.
· Collect and send monthly prayer reports (PR) to the Prayer Network.
· Manage the prayer network database.
· Represent the CEO on a regular basis.
· Make day to day practical decisions as delegated by the CEO.
· Make travel, accommodation and other logistical decisions on behalf of the CEO / ELT.
· Reply to correspondence in the name of the CEO within agreed parameters.
International Headquarters - Team Spiritual Life
· Reflect the vision and values of Medair with team members, international team members, and external contacts.
· Fully contribute to the rich spiritual life of your team, including team devotions, prayers, and words of encouragement.
· Work and pray together in our Christian faith-based team settings.
· Instigate and contribute to prayer times within internationally recruited staff and HQ teams.
· Encouraged to join and contribute to Medair’s international programmes and HQ prayer network.
This job description covers the main tasks and conveys the spirit of the sort of tasks that are anticipated proactively from staff. Other tasks may be assigned as necessary according to organisational needs.
· Higher level qualification in a relevant subject or equivalent professional qualification / experience, such as Administration or Business Management.
· HR certificate desirable.
· Strong working knowledge of English (spoken and written).
· Strong working knowledge of French (spoken and written).
· Working knowledge of German and other languages a plus.
Experience / Competencies
· 2 years’ experience in administration / secretarial work; 1 year as a Personal Assistant desirable.
· Ability to effectively juggle a variety of simultaneous work tasks.
· Practical working knowledge of Human Resources management.
· Can prioritise tasks and delegate when necessary.
· Polished communications and influencing skills (both spoken and written).
· Excellent planning and organisation skills; accurate reporting skills.
· Able to maintain personal boundaries and unshakable confidentiality. Trustworthy and discreet.
· Flexible and mature approach with ability to work unsupervised.
· Calmly under pressure, effective under tight deadlines.
Profiles sought for International Headquarters staff
· Experienced Relief Workers and those without field experience.
· Experienced professionals in a relevant Medair sector of expertise.
· Overseas intercultural work experience desirable.
· Fully committed to the Medair values; to reflect the vision and values of Medair with team members, international team members, and external contacts.
· Able to work in a multicultural team.
· Strong character traits, including emotional stability, adaptability, ability to handle stress, cultural and gender sensitivity, and honesty.
Benefits Package provided to International Headquarters Staff
· Salary commensurate with the pay-grade of the position.
· Annual leave; Accident insurance and pension.
· Death and disability insurance; Health insurance for loss of earnings.
· A motivating work environment.
· The opportunity to work in a Christian organisation where your contributions make a difference for the world’s most vulnerable.
· Swiss or eligible EU citizens, or those with a valid work permit for Switzerland, can apply.
· This is an HQ based position in Lausanne, Switzerland.
· Travel may be required both accompanying and on behalf of the CEO.
Before you apply, please ensure you are fully aware of the:
To apply, then:
c) and apply for this vacancy (or another position that matches your profile)
Please do not make multiple applications. We will not review email applications. Only English-language applications / CVs will be reviewed. Medair does not set closing / deadline dates for applications; recruitment is on-going until the position is filled.
You can follow us on Facebook , Twitter , or LinkedIn .
- Organization: Medair
- Location: Lausanne | Geneva
- Grade: Junior
- Administrative support
- Administrative support
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2017-01-09