Chief of Party, DRC
For over 50 years and in 145 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security in order to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society. ACDI/VOCA currently has approximately 44 projects in 31 countries and revenues of over $151 million.
Chief of Party, Democratic Republic of Congo
We are currently seeking a Chief of Party for the anticipated USAID- Feed the Future Eastern Congo Agricultural Value Chain project. The project will use a market systems approach to improve livelihoods for agricultural communicates in Eastern Congo by creating inclusive economic growth, improving food security, and support women, youth and other disenfranchised groups.
- Provide overall technical vision, leadership, and project management.
- Serve as the project's key liaison with headquarters, USDA, government counterparts, private sector stakeholders, subcontractors, academic institutions, and other local partners to exchange information and develop professional relationships.
- Ensure day-to-day technical, schedule, and financial performance of the project in accordance with the scope of work and annual work plans.
- Oversee management and quality of deliverables for all subcontractors, international consultants, and local project staff.
- Collaboratively create and implement a strategic, long-term programmatic vision.
- Oversee preparation and supervision of project work planning, performance management, and strategic communications.
- Facilitate the development of sustainable public-private partnerships and private sector investment in target value chains.
- Review all financial and logistical information on a periodic basis.
- Give verbal or written presentations as requested by the client and/or ACDI/VOCA to varied audiences regarding the project’s progress.
- Advanced degree in business, agricultural economics, agribusiness, finance, or related field from an accredited university is required.
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant and progressive work experience in developing countries, preferably in the area of enterprise development, value chain competitiveness, access to finance, and/or agricultural trade and investment.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience managing complex donor-funded programs in sub-Saharan Africa with progressively more responsible supervisory work experience including: contract management; supervision of professional and support staff; quality evaluation of staff performance and deliverables.
- Proven knowledge of finance and investment for entrepreneurs and SMEs in sub-Saharan Africa.
- Excellent communication skills for a wide audience of stakeholders.
- Fluent French and English skills required.
Please apply online at http://www.acdivoca.org/international-jobs or at http://acdivoca.bosmaxhire.net/cp/?E55465361D43717B7E59192F77501E6204627B4D. No phone calls please. Only finalists contacted. Women and minorities encouraged to apply. EOE.
- Organization: ACDI/VOCA
- Location: Kinshasa
- Grade: Senior
- Closing Date: 2016-12-07