Business Processes Training Advisor
Arlington | Washington D.C
The Training Advisor coordinates training efforts to support all functions in Atlas in order to document and improve standard operating procedures (policies, procedures, guidelines) with specific trainings for compliance and monitoring.
The Business Processes Training Advisor will conduct needs assessment, design and deliver training programs, and evaluate effectiveness and impact in a variety of content areas such as finance and accounting, financial planning and analysis, contract management, risk and compliance management, field operations, and other topics. S/he will be responsible for the onboarding and training curriculum is linked to those standards.
S/he partners with Atlas business process managers and subject matter experts to ensure that Atlas’s library for training is available to all Atlas staff (contracts and grants management, finance, accounting, purchasing, inventory management, travel, business development, risk management, etc.).
Develop and deliver on-boarding and training programs for Atlas functions worldwide (70%)
- Adhering to project timelines, create training project plan holding SMEs and others accountable for content delivery, review and approval deadlines, and escalate appropriately. Regularly communicates project status to manager and other interested parties.
- On-boarding and training programs for Atlas services are standardized and fully funded using appropriate tools, templates and processes as required by team procedures.
- Select the mechanism to be used for deliver the training programs (train the trainers, e-learning, face to face, etc) make the trainings nimble and efficient; the on-boarding training programs should provide Atlas staff with the tools needed to perform their duties in an effective and efficient manner.
Change Management and Maintenance (20%)
- Staying up-to-date with business and project needs, maintain and modify existing training programs updating training content, as needed, in a timely manner to reflect business changes.
- Appropriately follow team procedures to document material review, maintenance and recertification.
- Make recommendations to continuously improve internal processes, standards, and training solutions.
Effective Partneship Building (10%)
- Build strong relationships with internal clients, SMEs, and project teams
- Develop solid working knowledge of MSH job roles, environment, goals, culture, key players, policies/procedures, etc.
- Consult with internal contacts on effective use of the training materials and facilitation process especially in the international context.
- Partner with colleagues to ensure training messaging is consistent and to identify efficiencies (e.g. content that can be leveraged).
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree, Master's Degree, or Doctorate in instructional design/technology, human performance improvement, adult learning, or related field; or equivalent experience (i.e. finance, business processes or operations training)
- 6+ years of experience with a Bachelor's or 4+ years of experience with a Master's or 2+ years of experience with a Doctorate
- Experience using web-based applications and training tools (email, browsing, and literature retrieval) required.
- Relevant experience in international public health, particularly in capacity building, performance improvement, and/or training required
- Experience preferred in designing and delivering learning to audiences for which English is a second language
- Experience building capacity/ training diverse groups highly desirable, both in a classroom or in an electronic setting
- Broad experience in implementing and evaluating adult learning programs in a variety of delivery media
- Eight years of progressively responsible experience is highly preferred
- Experience working in developing country settings
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of modern concepts of capacity building, adult learning, performance improvement, and electronic learning/distance learning required.
- Strong skills in using word processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation software required (Microsoft Office applications preferred).
- Strong skills in project management and training logistics management in an organized, dependable and detail oriented manner.
- Skilled at working in a culturally diverse environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of adult learning techniques.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Fluent English required; working knowledge of French and or Spanish is highly desirable.
- Strong interpersonal skills - ability to interact professionally with culturally diverse staff and consultants required.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at once in a fast-paced, demanding environment. Able to “think on your feet” and creatively problem-solve issues.
- Ability to work both as part of a team and independently, to take initiative, and to use good judgment required.
- Ability to work collaboratively with all Atlas teams and field operations staff toward the achievement of delivering the training and procedures.
- Able to manage work with shifting priorities and coordinate a variety of activities simultaneously.
- Able to perform logical analysis and engage in creative problem solving.
- Organized, detail, and process oriented.
- Ability to travel internationally as needed (up to 30% time).
- Office environment including keyboard use, pulling drawers, lifting papers <10 lbs.
Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. Since its founding in 1971, MSH has worked in over 150 countries with policy makers, health professionals, and health care consumers to improve the quality, availability and affordability of health services. Working with governments, donors, non governmental organizations, the private sector, and health agencies, MSH responds to priority health problems such as HIV & AIDS; tuberculosis; malaria; maternal, newborn and child health; family planning and reproductive health; and chronic non-communicable diseases such as cancer, diabetes, and lung and heart disease. Through strengthening capacity, investing in health systems innovation, building the evidence base, and advocating for sound public health policy, MSH is committed to making a lasting difference in global health.
Management Sciences for Health is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, or veteran status.
- Organization: MSH - Management Sciences for Health
- Location: Arlington | Washington D.C
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Education and Training
- Education and Training
- Education and Training
- Closing Date: 2016-12-12