Office Coordinator (Temporary), USBP
San Diego | Washington D.C
The primary responsibility of the US Border & Programs Office Coordinator (OC) is the administrative management of the office. The OC will be responsible for the smooth operation of the US&BP office. H/She will work closely with the management staff H/She will.
The primary responsibilities include general office/facilities matters, ensure all office supplies are adequate and office protocols are followed and provides an array of administrative assistance to the US&BP staff in the areas of: communications; networking; office reception; travel and other logistics (including special events); information storage, retrieval & circulation; and maintenance of information systems. The position is full time for approximately 6 months.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- General facility administration – point of contact for building management and vendors;
- Office supply coordination - local purchases and/or ordering materials ensuring that office supplies are inventoried and kept in sufficient quantities for optimal office efficiency;
- Equipment administration/maintenance – monitor onsite equipment: i.e. computers, fax machines, phones, printers, etc., reporting problems and arranging for support/repair/assistance, as needed;
- Calendar administration – manages, prepares and submits a written monthly calendar (including prioritization of activities & tasks) for US&BP staff meetings;
- General administration –preparation of staff expense reports, assisting with presentations, printing, binding, check requests, etc.;
- Develop office internal control protocols as needed;
- Assist in the documentation of GAAP-in-kind;
- Others duties as assigned by the Director of US&BP, FD and Sr. PM.
- Assists in responding to public inquiries via telephone, fax, mail, electronic mail, etc., including sending/receiving international communications;
- Reception – answers phone, greets & orientates: PCI staff, vendors and other guests;
- Assists in providing any information and/or data requested by US&BP staff (annual report, newsletter, fact sheets, web page, etc.) as needed.
- Event coordination - assist staff to raise PCI’s profile at local US&BP events, facilitate the planning, organization, and implementation of PCI US&BP events.
4. Program Support
- Assists with presentations – word &/or excel, design, editing/formatting, printing, binding, timely delivery;
5. Information Management
- Assists in the streamlining and improvement of current information systems, including US&BP electronic and hard copy filing systems;
- Manages systems for communication and coordination (such as electronic filing);
- Assists in the development, maintenance and coordination of database information systems (such as US&BP contacts).
6. Travel and other logistics
- Facilitates scheduling of travel, special events, meetings, etc.;
- Provides logistical support and administration for special events, meetings, etc.;
Arranges domestic and foreign travel, lodging and related for US&BP staff as needed; Required Skills
Associates degree or 2 extra years of experience required.
1-2 years of professional experience in office management role.
Bilingual English/Spanish required
Excellent communication skills including writing, verbal and interpersonal relations and cross-cultural communication mandatory.
Strong computer skills in spreadsheet use (Preferred: MS Excel) mandatory.
Capacity for independent thinking and excellent analytical skills.
Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure.
Demonstrated ability to function as a team member of a fluid organization.
Attention to detail-must approach work in a meticulous and thorough manner.
Ability to maintain the strictest confidentiality with sensitive information.
Participate in PCI’s innovation efforts and in teams on innovation initiatives.
A passion for the mission and values of PCI.
- Organization: Project Concern
- Location: San Diego | Washington D.C
- Grade: Junior
- Closing Date: 2016-12-01