Turkey (Syria mission) - Partnerships & Capacity Building Advisor – Short Term
Gaziantep | Ankara
Posted on: 19/10/16
Desired start date: ASAP
Duration of the mission: 3 months
Location: Gaziantep / Turkey
About the mission:
After 6 years of conflict, Syria’s humanitarian crisis continues to grow. In 2016 an estimated 13.5 million people are in need of humanitarian assistance. Aleppo governorate is currently hosting 1,420,170 IDPs (Syria Flash Update, OCHA 5th March 2016) with 27,389 new arrivals recorded since February 2016 in A’zaz district alone.
Over this time, a significant number of local NGO’s have emerged in Syria as a result of this devastating humanitarian crisis and the lack of access of INGO’s to the populations in need. These organisations work to deliver a significant proportion of the total aid provided to people inside Syria and often have access to areas UN and INGO groups do not. However, due to the situation of Syria prior to the war, many of them have limited experience in terms of assistance provision and NGO organisational structure and thus, have significant responsibilities with, at times, limited capacities. As a result of this and the anticipated coming years for Syria, a primary focus of the humanitarian community as well as Solidarites International is to build the capacities of these organisations through partnership, training and providing experience and funding for them to implement programs.
In 2016, SI will implement a WASH and Health program in partnership with a local NGO. SI will manage the WASH component whilst the LNGO will manage the Health component, their area of expertise. As part of this program, a component of capacity development was built into the proposal to provide not only the appropriate amount of support to ensure the successful implementation of the program but to provide increased capacity to that organisation to grow and prosper in the future.
About the job:
Under the management of the Admin Co and with the support of the Deputy HoM incharge of program, the Partnerships & Capacity Building (PCB) Advisor will be responsible for designing and rolling out the capacity building plan for administrative, financial and logisitcs procedures in partnership with the LNGO. He/She will work in close coordination with the LNGO executive management as well as the Administration Coordiantor to ensure a realitic and targeted plan is rolled out to identified members of the LNGO’s team. The objective is to ensure that the training implemented is then supported to roll-out at organisational level, resulting in a lasting impact of positive improvement for the LNGO.
At the end of the project, the PCB Advisor will have completed all tasks identified in the joint-established work plan, produced a report for both SI and the LNGO of tasks completed as well as provided recommendations for future improvements and areas of focus for the LNGO.
- Assess local partner capacities, identify potential weaknesses in process, implementation and organizational/HR structure and define with the partner a formal capacity building plan
- Develop training materials, organize training
- Provide follow-up training and monitoring of new skills/tools/processes to be implemented
- Provide a written report at the end of the contract including all training materials and a list of recommendations for future capacity building activities
- Comprehensive review of the administration, financial and logistics procedures in line with SI and standard donor regulations. Based on this to identify key tools, processes and standards which need to be implemented.
Comprehensive review of internal HR and organizational structure for support services including communication flow and daily management. Based on this, to provide advice on key gaps/weaknesses and support to improve communication channels etc.
Development of comprehensive training package including relevant materials development.
- More than 5 years of professional experience in administration/finance and logistics position
- Experience with SI (or with a similar organization) and good knowledge of its procedures would be a strong asset.
- Experience in capacity building position, preferably with a local partner
- Training experience or experience in leading workshops
- A keen understanding of and/or experience of the Syria crisis).
- Experience in remote management would be an asset.
- Proven experience in conflict contexts and insecure environments, with consequent experience in supporting emergency response
- Excellent communication, organizational and prioritization skills, ability to multi-task
- Outstanding communication skills, including training capacities.
- Flexibility, diplomacy and adaptability
- Used to work in political and security volatile environments
- Good sense of humor and great team member
- Fluent English (written, spoken and read), essential for numerous external coordination and representation meetings with other NGOs, UN agencies, donors and governmental bodies.
- Knowledge of Arabic and/or Turkish is a serious asset
- Computer literacy with very good command of MS Office Suite.
- Commitment to the fundamental principles of SI’s charter and ethos
- Respect of local customs and values
A salaried post: according to experience from 2.000 euros gross per month, plus 10% annual leave allowance paid monthly, and a monthly Per Diem of 700 USD.
Social and medical cover: Expatriates benefit from an insurance package which reimburses all healthcare expenses (including medical and surgical expenses, dental care and ophthalmological expenses, repatriation) and a welfare system including war risks. Essential vaccination and antimalarial treatment costs are refunded.
For further information about SI, please consult our website: http://www.solidarites.org/en/
CONTACT: Corinne LORIB, Recruitment & Follow Up Officer
Does this description fit you? Please send us your CV and Cover letter in English. CV only applications will not be considered.
NB : The vacancy may close before the deadline. Thank you for your comprehension
- Organization: Solidarités International
- Location: Gaziantep | Ankara
- Grade: Mid level
- Education and Training
- Education and Training
- Education and Training
- Closing Date: 2016-11-19