Admin & Finance Assistant (National Contract)
Admin & Finance Assistant’s main responsibility is to provide administrative and financial support to DRC and partners as per DRC and donor regulations and procedures.
Who are we?
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a humanitarian, non-governmental and non-profit organization, founded in 1956, that works in more than 35 countries around the world. DRC has been operating in Turkey since early 2013, working with by and large with non-camp Syrian refugees and affected host communities. DRC is committed to basic humanitarian principles; including impartiality and neutrality, and offers the highest standards of accountability to the people it serves. The overall objective for DRC in Turkey is the protection and promotion of durable solutions to displacement affected populations on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights with more immediate objectives focusing both on the immediate subsistence needs, protection and self-reliance support as well as a more long term focus on capacity building. In Turkey, DRC works partially through partners, also providing intensive capacity building support, while also conducting direct implementation.
About the Job
DRC is looking for an Admin & Finance Assistant for its program in Turkey. Under the overall supervision of the Head of Office, the Admin & Finance Assistant will have the following duties and responsibilities:
· Maintain and keep record of office supplies and stationery for Urfa Office.
· Identify and follow up with the maintenance (repair) needs of Urfa Office and ensure that they are held properly.
· Identify furniture, fixtures, and office equipment etc. needs of Urfa Office, provide assistance on procurement processes.
· Overseeing rent and utilities contracts once they are established, follow up with the updating, cancellation processes when necessary.
· Ensure office is kept clean and orderly by supervising office Cleaners.
· Managing office keys (keys to storages, various rooms, MFSS, etc.)
· Providing assistance to HR & Admin Officer on preparation of official letters.
· Overseeing guesthouses, ensuring they are kept clean and orderly.
· Provide IT support whenever it is necessary.
· Purchase stationary, plane tickets, hotel booking and other items, as per instructions.
· Support procurement of equipment and material for the office (plus Business Cards & IDs).
· Providing support to Finance on managing office bills.
Finance and Accounting:
· Daily accounting (bookkeeping) according to DRC financial handbook.
· Manage petty cash and clear cash advances upon request.
· Maintain proper filing of all financial documentation (vouchers, contracts, tender documents, etc.).
· Cashbox counting according to the financial handbook.
· Transferring payments when needed and follows up with partners’ reports.
· Support financial report preparations.
· Submit progress and status reports to FAO/HoFA.
· Provide logistic and HR support when required.
· Any other professional task requested by the Head of Office and/or HOFA.
To be successful in this role, you must have the following qualifications:
· Relevant university degree; finance, accounting, administration or similar field.
· At least one year of relevant work experience. Preferably in a NGO.
· Experience working in the field (preferably experience from Southern Turkey)
· Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment.
· Understands rights and protection issues of refugees, children and women - experience working with Syrian refugees is an advantage
· Fluency in Turkish and English, both written and verbal. Arabic is an asset.
· Computer literate including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
· Willingness to relocate to south/south-eastern Turkey, and to travel within and between provinces
· Having proper documentation to legally work in Turkey (Turkish citizenship or valid work permit).
· Well-developed organizational and planning skills
· Ability to meet strict deadlines.
· Ability to work independently
· Good communication skills
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
DRC will offer the successful applicant a 2 months contract, renewable dependent on both funding and performance. You must be available to start work from 07.11.2016 and be willing and able to work in Şanlıurfa.
We offer a fair compensation package depending on your qualification and experiences as well as additional allowances such as relocation allowance and living allowances, if applicable. DRC Turkey is income tax exempted.
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button or Apply HERE.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact email@example.com
Applications close 30.10.2016. The interviews are expected to take place within 1 week after the application closing.
Need further information?
For more details on this position please contact HR team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that applications sent directly to HR team will not be considered.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.ngo
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Sanliurfa
- Grade: Services and Support
- Finance and Banking
- Finance and Banking
- Finance and Banking
- Closing Date: 2016-10-30