Process Analyst Volunteer- HFHI Dominican Republic
Santo Domingo | Santo Domingo
Process Analyst Volunteer - HFH Dominican Republic
Habitat for Humanity of the Dominican Republic is seeking an energetic, proactive individual to volunteer in the role of Process Analyst, for the Habitat for Humanity Dominican Republic office in Santo Domingo.
This assignment is intended to last for 6 months.
As a member of the Administration Department team, we need a volunteer who will help where needed as well as:
- Develop a manual of principal procedures of the department, where the protocol and activities flow, as well as responsibility of each employee who is involved in the process, are explained.
- Analyze the procedures, quality and productiveness of the departments of Constructive Technical Assistance and National and International Global Village volunteer teams with the volunteer department.
ABOUT THE HABITAT FOR HUMANITY DOMINICAN REPUBLIC OFFICE AND LOCATION:
Occupying the eastern two-thirds of Hispaniola, the Dominican Republic is the second largest country, after Cuba, in the West Indies. This mountainous land includes Pico Duarte—the highest point in the Caribbean. Colonized in 1493 by Spaniards, it offered the first chartered university, hospital, cathedral, and monastery in the Americas. Santo Domingo, founded in 1496, is the oldest European settlement in the Western Hemisphere. The nation became independent in 1844, but endured political instability and repressive governments. Today it is a democracy, economically dependent on agriculture and tourism.
The Habitat for Humanity Dominican Republic National Office will manage in-country expenses for the IVP in case visits to the interior of the country needed to be made as part of the assignments. Housing will rather be an apartment studio, one bedroom, bathroom and kitchenette, depending of availability. Around 20 minute proximity to the National Office. Services such as electricity and water are included. Dress code at office is casual office attire. Pack necessary items for work in office and at communities as jeans, tennis, and comfortable shoes and clothes.
ANTICIPATED EXPENSES THE VOLUTNEER NEEDS TO COVER: Monthly estimate for a single individual is given below. (All figures are in USD.)
- Apartment: $350
- Other (recreation, food, personal expenses, spending money): $300
- Monthly cost to volunteer estimated total: $650
- Fluent in English and Spanish
- Bachelor's degree
- Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Human Resources experience preferable
- Information Technology Experience working in a cross-cultural setting and flexibility
- All IVP volunteers must confirm the purchase of international insurance coverage for the duration of their stays
To be considered for this opportunity please apply directly at : http://www.habitat.org/job/process-analyst-volunteer-hfh-dominican-republic
- Organization: Habitat for Humanity
- Location: Santo Domingo | Santo Domingo
- Grade: Junior
- Closing Date: 2016-11-30