Technical Education Officer "Nationals Only" - Jordan
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
The Education Data and Reporting Technical Officer will act as the Education project data focal point. S/he will help coordinate data management between the Education training sites (Azraq camp, Za’atari camp and host community – Irbid, Jerash, Amman) and the M&E team in Amman, as well as between Youth, ICLA, Protection, ICT and other core competencies of NRC. The Technical Officer will support the Education Project Managers, Education Specialist and other field staff with data reporting and analysis and will ensure registration data and intake forms as well as reporting sheets are filled out systematically by all field staff. S/he will support the various data collection exercises undertaken by the Education programme on a regular basis and will also conduct quality control and cleaning of Education programme data.
1. Roles and Responsibilities
The following is a brief description of the role.
These responsibilities shall be the same for all positions with the same title. The responsibilities shall be short and essential. Details belong in the Work and Professional Development Plan.
- Supports the assigned staff in their professional development, identifies training needs, supports staff to achieve the objectives defined in their learning development plans.
- Provides CC technical support in implementation activities.
- Ensures compliance with NRC policies CC tools, handbooks and guidelines.
- Suggests new methods and approaches in order to improve the quality of the activities that meets the needs of beneficiaries.
- Identifies, analyses and evaluates processes and gaps in the implementation of activities and make recommendations for improvement.
- Reports over the achieved activities, provides analysis over the performed activities and signal bottlenecks.
- Monitors the progress of the activities of assigned staff and ensures they are implemented conform planning and quality standards.
These responsibilities shall be adapted to the particularities of the job location and context, phase of operation, strategic focus and type of programme intervention. This section shall be revised whenever a new employee is hired or the context changes significantly. The line manager drafts the specific responsibilities and sends them to his/her line manager for approval.
- Act as the Education focal point for output level data compilation and reporting
- Cooperate with the M&E team on providing feedback regarding context changes that raise new data trends and needs assessments.
- Analyse Education output data, including on registration, attendance, completion and learning outcomes and support the Education Project Managers and M&E team with preparation of outcome level data
- Provide support to, and design databases/tools/etc for, data collection exercises conducted by the Education programme in conjunction with M&E, including assessments, outcome monitoring surveys, protection monitoring exercises, needs assessments and other research projects
- Ensure registration data and intake forms as well as reporting sheets are filled out systematically by all field staff
- Support Education Project Managers and the Education Specialist with donor data reporting at a national level on outputs and outcomes
- Ensure quality control and data cleaning of data contained in Education records
- Work in collaboration with the Youth programme Data and Reporting Officer when required
Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organisation to deliver desired results. They are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following two categories:
1. Professional Competencies
These are skills, knowledge and experience that are important for effective performance.
Generic professional competencies for this position:
- Excellent IT and data management skills
- 3 years’ work experience in the fields of data management and reporting
- Knowledge of protection issues and Monitoring and Evaluation processes an advantage
- Experience from working within technical expertise area in a humanitarian context
Context/specific skills, knowledge and experience:
Qualification requirement: College/diploma degree equivalent
Years of Experience: 3
- Knowledge of the humanitarian context
- Fluency in English and Arabic both written and verbal
- Diploma degree in relevant field or equivalent
- Experience in database and M&E tool design
2. Behavioral Competencies
These are personal qualities that influence how successful people are in their job. NRC’s Competency Framework states 12 behavioral competencies, the following are essential for this position:
- Planning and delivering results
- Working with people
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Managing resources to optimize results
3. Performance Management
The employee will be accountable for the responsibilities and the competencies, in accordance with the NRC Performance Management Manual. The following documents will be used for performance reviews:
- The Job Description
- The work and Development Plan
- The Mid-term/End-of-trial Period Performance Review Template
- The End-term Performance Review Template
- The NRC Competency Framework
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Amman
- Grade: Mid level
- Education and Training
- Emergency Aid
- Closing Date: 2016-10-31