Traineeship in the Learning & Development Division
Male or Female - 100% - 1 year - based in Geneva
The Global LnD team contributes to the ICRC's operations by offering institutional learning and development paths which support all staff members to effectively and efficiently take on their present and future roles. LnD delivers all core institutional learning programs. It is a global team of over 40 staff worldwide.
The ICRC Humanitarian Leadership and Management School (HLMS) is one of the main learning programs delivered by the LnD department. One of the main elements of the program is based on the individual leadership challenges for the participants which also reflect the main learning transferred to workplace by the participants.
Purpose of the position
The LnD Division is looking for someone to conduct an analysis of the behaviours and skills transferred based on the written assignments of the Work-Based Learning (WBL) phase of Module 1 of the HLMS.
He/she will work under the supervision of the HLMS Head of Sector. He/she will interact with other colleagues in the LnD Division.
- Analyse the main issues/challenges treated in the WBL assignments of the HLMS Modules 1 and 2 participants.
- Analyse the skills and behaviours (developed through the HLMS Module 2) transferred by the participants to their working environments.
- Build a qualitative and quantitative report out of the above analysis.
- Assist in the online Alumni activity building (assist in organizing webinars and learning groups).
Required Experience /Skills
- Research methodologies
- Knowledge of and/or have worked on a social behavior analysis
- Computer applications for data collection and analysis
- Ability to present information to others to convey information
- Responsible and well organized
- Good communication skillsAbility to work well within a team
- Open-minded, willing to learn about the ICRC and LnD work
- Good command of oral and written English (French is an asset)
University degree or equivalent, preferably in social science or relevant fields.
What we offer:
- The experience of working in an international, humanitarian environment, in the biggest humanitarian network in the world
- Increased knowledge about the ICRC and learning and development work
- Basic salary and benefits
Length of assignment: 12 months
Starting date: January 2017
Should you be interested in the traineeship, please submit your letter of motivation indicating available start date and your full CV /resume to Irina Gorodetskaya, using the e-mail email@example.com by Friday 11 November 2016. Please put on the subject of your email "Application to the Traineeship in the Learning and Development Position ". Given that there are normally a large number of applications for traineeships, we will only be able to contact shortlisted candidates.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted subsequently for interviews. Please be aware that the ICRC is not in a position to cover any related travel or accommodation costs. However, interviews may be conducted by phone.
- Organization: ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
- Location: Geneva
- Grade: Junior
- Closing Date: 2016-11-11