Senior Technical Advisor, Sexual Reproductive Health & Rights
Atlanta | Washington D.C
CARE's SRHR Team is embarking on a project focused on developing and testing scalable interventions that can effectively delay first birth among married adolescent girls in Niger and Bangladesh. We envision that the interventions designed and tested through this initiative will take a holistic approach, one that builds married girls’ human capital, focuses on their agency to make decisions about their life course, and presents real opportunities (e.g. income generation, education, etc.) for girls so that early motherhood is not their only life option. We envision the interventions will target the social norms and values, circumstances, conditions and structural forces that perpetuate early pregnancy among married adolescents and limit alternative life options. This project will be carried out over a four-year period in three phases: Phase I) Understand the intentions, desires, perspectives, motivators and de-motivators, and opportunities related to delaying first birth and pursuing an alternative life course (other than early motherhood) with married adolescent girls, influential people in their lives, health providers, and positive deviants to inform the intervention design; Phase II) Design context-specific, scalable interventions to delay the timing of first birth among married adolescents for Zinder region, Niger and Rangpur division, Bangladesh using a human-centered design approach; and, Phase III) Test the effectiveness of context-specific interventions to delay the timing of first birth among married adolescents.
CARE is seeking a Senior Technical Advisor, Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights (SRHR), to provide overall technical and program management leadership for this initiative. Responsibilities will include working closely with country teams and partners to support quality formative research, intervention design, implementation, and evaluation. This will require expertise and experience in family planning programming, behavior change strategies, research and evaluation (both qualitative and quantitative). The Advisor must also have strong program design and program management skills. French language skills are also required for this position. The incumbent will be responsible for ensuring quality throughout all phases of the project. This will include, but not be limited to, working closely with country teams and partners to ensure quality formative research, intervention design, implementation and evaluation. In addition, the incumbent will be responsible for overall program management, including, but not limited to the following: development and execution of work plans, overseeing sub-awards and contracts, coordination internally and externally, budget management, project reporting, and liaising with donors and partners.
- Provide overall technical and program management leadership for this project.
- In partnership with the research partners, lead the process to design and execute formative research in each context to lay the foundation for the intervention design. This will include collaboration and coordination with country teams, research partners, the human-centered intervention design partner, and others.
- In partnership with the human-centered intervention design partner, lead the intervention design planning and execution in each context. This will include collaboration and coordination with country teams, research partners, the human-centered intervention design partner, and others.
- Lead the intervention implementation and evaluation (i.e. implementation learning, monitoring, and evaluation) planning process. This will include collaboration and coordination with country teams, the donor, and others.
- Lead the intervention implementation execution, ensuring overall program quality. This will include collaboration and coordination with country teams and relevant partners.
- Lead the process to design implementation learning, monitoring and evaluation components. This will include collaboration and coordination with country teams, research partners, and others.
- Ensure quality execution of the implementation learning, monitoring and evaluation components of the project.
- Establishing effective coordination amongst all partners, including, but not limited to the following: setting strategic direction, developing joint work plans, and regular meetings/calls and follow-up.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with both internal and external stakeholders to ensure successful execution of this project.
- Lead project management, in partnership with country leadership and program managers, including, but not limited to the following: development and execution of work plans, overseeing sub-awards and contracts, coordination internally and externally, budget management, project reporting, and liaising with donors, and others.
- Masters or Doctoral level in public health, epidemiology, or behavioral/social sciences;
- 7+ years’ experience in a relevant position;
- Experience designing, implementing and evaluating family planning and health programs in developing world contexts;
- Experience in behavior change strategies, health systems strengthening, community-based health programming, sexual and reproductive health, integrated programming, or some combination of the above;
- Experience in designing and conducting formative research for the purpose of designing SRH programs;
- Experience overseeing the designing and execution of quantitative and qualitative evaluations of health programs;
- Experience in partnership building, collaboration, and negotiation;
- Experience working in the South Asian context and West African context;
- Experience in managing a multi-country, multi-partner health program;
- Knowledge of epidemiological methods, behavior and social science theories and concepts, and program evaluation;
- Strong skills in research design and implementation;
- Evidence of excellent writing skills (e.g. publication record);
- Ability to communicate effectively in oral and written formats;
- English and French proficiency;
- Proficiency in WORD, Excel, PowerPoint and analysis software.
TO APPLY: Please click on the link http://chc.tbe.taleo.net/chc02/ats/careers/requisition.jsp?org=CAREUSA&cws=1&rid=2953 to submit your cover letter and resume.
- Organization: CARE - USA
- Location: Atlanta | Washington D.C
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Health service
- Health service
- Health service
- Closing Date: 2016-11-12