Emergency Coordinator - Afghanistan
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization specialized in assisting and advocating for the rights of refugees, returnees and internally displaced people (IDPs).
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
- Line-manage all staff in area of operation.
- Ensure financial management of emergency programme budgets in area of operation.
- Oversee assessment, distribution and post-distribution monitoring in area of operation.
- Assist in the development of donor proposals and reports.
- Represent NRC emergency programme to all stakeholders in area of operation.
- (Specific responsibilities):
- Ensure consistency in methodologies and adherence to Standard Operating Procedures and Donor requirements for all emergency program activities.
- Assist in the improvement of the Emergency Program through data analysis and project development
- Ensure timely and accurate data on emergency interventions is submitted to the Monitoring and Evaluation Unit and other actors as required
- Undertake regular field visits to all areas of operation.
- Ensure NRC emergency program representation to IDP Task Force, Provincial Disaster Management Committees, relevant Cluster meetings, DORR, ANDMA and all UN and other humanitarian agencies (national and international) operational in the area.
- Represent the emergency team in NRC internal processes.
- Provide information and assist in the development of donor proposals and reports.
- Manage the security of the emergency team in the area of operation.
- Undertake performance management and the identification of personal development plans as per NRC procedures.
- Ensure relevant training for all emergency staff in area of operation in line with personal development plans and improvements to the emergency programme.
- Liaise with Education, ICLA and Shelter core competencies etc. as necessary.
- Manage emergency stocks.
- Ensure implementation of emergency procedures and practice and adherence to standards of accountability and transparency
- Other duties as required including second amendment to assist emergency teams in other parts of Afghanistan.
- Acting PM as required
- Experience from working in a management position for an international NGO in a humanitarian/recovery context.
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities.
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal.
- Relevant experience and higher education in a related field of study.
- Excellent computer skills and a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Other subjects
- Education title: University Degree
- College / University, Bachelor's degree
- Handling insecure environments
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Empowering and building trust
- Managing performance and development
- Planning and delivering results
- Monthly Salary based on NRC Afghanistan Salary Scale
- Top up Credit card on monthly basis
- Leave and Holidays accordingly Afghanistan Labow Law
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Jalalabad
- Grade: P-3, International Professional
- Humanitarian Aid
- Humanitarian Aid
- Emergency Aid
- Closing Date: 2016-10-20