Humanitarian context analyst expert M/F
SECOURS ISLAMIQUE FRANCE (SIF) is a Non-Governmental Organization of international solidarity based in France. Founded in 1991, SIF is a non-profit and non-political organization that intents to help, to bring relief and to protect the lives of those threatened by natural disasters, armed conflicts or by economic collapse. SIF provides its help in respect of the cultural diversity, without any distinction of origin, religion or gender.
SIF is present in Pakistan since 2005 and strongly started its activities in 2009. From 2010 to 2013, SIF focused on emergency interventions with a flood response intervention in the Sindh Province and provided food and non-food assistance, drinking water, permanent shelters and semi-permanent school construction as well as monetary interventions in the regions of Azad Jammu and Kashmir (AJK), Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KPK), and Punjab. From 2013, the SIF explored sustainable solutions to strengthen the resilience of communities and reduce the impact of future disasters trough the development of a long-term approach in WASH and livelihoods sectors, completed by seasonal projects in Food security and Child Protection in two mains provinces: Khyber Pakhtunkhwa (KPK) and Sindh.
In partnership with SOLIDARITE INTERNATIONAL (SI), SIF is recruiting a Humanitarian context analyst expert to analyze several parameters in order to allow SI and SIF to take a decision as to submit proposition(s) to donor(s) for funding humanitarian intervention(s).The position will be base in Islamabad/Peshawar (under conditions for access and security)
For over 35 years, the humanitarian aid organization SOLIDARITÉS INTERNATIONAL (SI) has been committed to providing aid in the event of conflict and natural disasters. Our mission is to provide aid as quickly and as efficiently as possible to endangered populations by meeting their vital needs: drinking water, food and shelter.
SI started relief operations in Pakistan in 2005 in the aftermath of the earthquake in Bagh, Azad Kashmir. SI then returned to Pakistan in July 2010 SI in response to unprecedented monsoon floods in Sindh. With the financial support of ECHO and other donors SI continuously responded to the consequences recurrent flooding in Sindh until 2014. SI had also ran a short intervention in Peshawar, KPK, from November 2012 to February 2013 called “Emergency safe drinking water supply, and provision of basic sanitation and hygiene services for areas of Peshawar affected by recent population movements”. Currently SI has no operations in Pakistan but keeps a representation capacity towards authorities. In this context, SI wants to carry out a joint evaluation together with another French Ngo, the SIF, in order to analyze intervention opportunities.
Objectives of the position:
- Context analysis: Develop a regional understanding of the KPK / FATA region, focused on geopolitics situation, socio-economic dynamics, population movements and distinguishing different beneficiaries’ targetable groups.
- International Humanitarian stakeholders’ mapping: Operational tactics and need coverage strategies.
- Local stakeholders: Collect local stakeholders’ direct or indirect expectations on humanitarian interventions.
- Donor analysis: Positioning the main donors in terms of funding strategies and operational tactics, collect their opinion about the crisis and the response currently provided.
- Risk analysis : Contextual, operational, transversal.
· Partnership analysis:
– Develop a SWOT to help defining a positioning for the partnership considering the following key requirements for an intervention: direct access to beneficiaries by contracted staff; access to the most in-needs population/areas; respect of decision independence as to where to work and whom to assist.
– Develop a specific focus on potential areas of intervention that can be strategically linked with SIF current operations in Pakistan and linked with SI current operations in Khost Province, Afghanistan.
– Short SWOT analysis of the SI/SIF local partnership
· Literature Review and briefing
· Development of contact list with SI and SIF Desks
· Local meetings and phone calls in/from Islamabad
· Partly rely on support of 1 SI national staff (humanitarian liaison officer, based in ISL, of KPK origin).
· Semi-structured interviews
· SWOT analysis, stakeholders mapping.
· Define Action Plan for the field work
- Mid-term report that could lead to fine-tuning of the second half of the mission.
- Detailed minutes of the meetings/interviews/phone calls.
- Provide a global picture of the main areas of needs (geographical and sectorial) and the coverage levels.
- Propose different dispositive tactics of potential interventions, with a focus on security management.
- Define scenarios of SI/SIF partnership evolution.
- Strong experience in humanitarian analysis assessment.
- Significant experience in operations management and strategic thinking.
- Very good analytic skills.
- Smooth relationship and good representation abilities.
- Fluent in English.
- French fixed term contract
- Duration: 4 weeks
- Remuneration according to profile
- Monthly perdiem
- Social and medical cover
Starting date desirable: 01/11/2016
To apply, please send us your CV and a cover letter to: email@example.com before the 22/10/2016.
- Organization: Secours Islamique
- Location: Pakistan
- Grade: Mid level
- Humanitarian Aid
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Closing Date: 2016-10-22