NATIONAL POST: Driver, Mbarara, Uganda, G-2
THIS POST IS OPEN ONLY TO NATIONALS AND PERMANENT RESIDENTS OF UGANDA
Under overall guidance and supervision of the Representative and direct supervision of Program Coordinator Mbarara, the Driver will be responsible for:
- Implementing management systems
- Driving office vehicles and transporting UNFPA staff and official visitors in town and on field missions
- Ensuring day-to-day maintenance of assigned vehicle.
- Performing minor repairs and ensures that the vehicle is kept clean and in good running condition at all times.
- Logging official trips, daily mileage, fuel consumption and oil changes, greasing etc.
- Collecting and delivering mail, packages and equipment.
- Performing clerical work related to administrative services such as sorting, filing, photocopying etc.
- Ensuring that, in the event of an accident involving the office vehicle, the necessary steps required by rules and regulations are followed.
Qualifications and Experience:
· Completed secondary education
· Valid driving permit and clean driving record
· At least five years driving experience with reputable organizations
· Fluency in English
- Organization: UNFPA - United Nations Population Fund
- Location: Mbarara
- Grade: GS-2, General Service
- Administrative support
- Closing Date: 2016-10-26