NATIONALPOST: Programme Analyst, Midwifery, Kampala, Uganda, NOB
THIS POST IS OPEN ONLY TO NATIONALS OF UGANDA
Under the overall supervision of the Representative and direct supervision of the Maternal Health National Programme Officer (MNH-NOB), the Program Analyst Midwifery substantively contributes to the effective management of UNFPA activities in the areas of reproductive health. She/he analyses and assesses relevant political, social and economic trends and provides substantive inputs to project formulation and evaluation, joint programming initiatives and national development frameworks. The program analyst guides and facilitates the delivery of UNFPA programs by monitoring results achieved in the implementation. She/he ensures and guides the appropriate application of systems and procedures and develops enhancements if necessary.
The NOB-midwifery Analyst facilitates the work of consultants, advisors and experts and establishes and maintains collaborative relationships with counterparts in government, multi-lateral and bi-lateral donor agencies and civil society to address emerging issues for mainstreaming human rights and gender equality into programme delivery.
She/he must effectively influence counterparts from diverse backgrounds to jointly contribute to achieving UNFPA’s mandate. The NPPP Gender and Human Rights is a substantive contributor to the program team in the Country Office.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Academic Requirements: Qualified Midwife with a Master’s degree in relevant field such as Public Health or Community Health and development, Nursing etc.
- 3 years professional experience. Preference will be given to candidates with midwifery service, Midwifery Technical Advisers, midwifery education and training and/or administration/regulation in the public or private sector.
- Knowledge and experience in program management, including budget management is desirable.
- Prior experience of working in multi-stakeholder environment including NGOs, bilateral and multilateral agencies.
- Familiarity with Ugandan Health System is an added advantage.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Organization: UNFPA - United Nations Population Fund
- Location: Kampala
- Grade: NO-B, National Professional Officer
- Development Cooperation
- Closing Date: 2016-10-26