GHG COMMUNICATION SUPPORT
Kampala | Kampala
Mercy Corps has been implementing the Growth, Health, Governance (GHG) program in Northern Karamoja since July 2012. The program has three strategic objectives: Livelihoods strengthened; Nutrition among children under 2 improved; Governance and Local Capacity for Conflict Mitigation Improved.
Purpose / Project Description:
Mercy Corps seeks an experienced communications professional who can support with the production, editing, formatting and proofing of external and internal communication materials under the GHG program.
Support the production of a variety of communication materials, including briefs, fact-sheets, pop-up banners and case stories, amongst others, for external and internal sharing in support of GHG’s program objectives.
- Review, edit and proof communication materials created by GHG field teams to ensure they are formatted and ready for external distribution
- Format and design communication materials, including pop-up banners, which support the work of GHG and Mercy Corps
- Ensure communication materials are compliant with the USAID branding and marking plan, and Mercy Corps’ own internal brand guidelines
- Draft and prepare communication materials, including press releases and event-related materials, for external distribution
Timeframe / Schedule:
The contractor will be engaged from October 2016-September 2017. Maximum LOE will be 60 working days throughout the year.
Will report to:
Chief of Party, Growth, Health, Governance
The Consultant will work closely with:
Program Management Advisor, Field Managers
- Experience producing, editing and formatting communication materials within specific guidelines, examples will be requested
- Experience in the development sector preferred
- Knowledge of USAID branding preferred
- Knowledge of Uganda, in particular Karamoja, desirable
- Cultural sensitivity
- Ability to work to multiple and competing deadlines; Flexibility
- Excellent level of written English essential, with native English speakers preferred
Please submit your CV and at least one example of communication materials formatted/produced to Ugemail@example.com by Fri**day 21st October 2016.**
- Organization: Mercy Corps
- Location: Kampala | Kampala
- Grade: Junior
- Agriculture and Forestry
- Closing Date: 2016-10-21