Operational Capacity Building Consultant
We are looking for a highly qualified candidate who has the skills to engage in our organization as an Operations Capacity Building consultant.
Who are we?
The Danish Refugee Council has worked in Lebanon since September 2004, and the programs have followed the country’s needs and progress. The main focus of today’s efforts in Lebanon is to help the hundreds of thousands of Syrian refugees, who have fled across the border to find protection from the conflict in their homeland. DRC is simultaneously maintaining the efforts toward the vulnerable groups of Palestinian refugees in Lebanon. More than 200.000 Syrian refugees have received assistance from the Danish Refugee Council since the beginning of the crisis.
For further information about DRC, please refer to our website: www.drc.ngo
Duties and Responsibilities
• Conduct aneeds assessment of the local CBO
• Set up a training and performance management plan to build effective and efficient internal systems and structures (management, communication, reporting, human resources, finance, procurement, M&E, etc);
• Set up a monitoring system (tracking) to follow up on development and advancement of targeted CBOs
• Set up and deliver a TOT for DRC designated operational staff and partners on Partner operational support and capacity building using existing DRC modules and material
• Produce a brief report on the capacity building of the DRC staff and CBOs, including an assessment on the level of knowledge acquired during the trainings through the preset M&E framework
To be successful in this role you must have:
• Master’s Degree in Community Development, Sustainable Development, Social work, Public Administration, Business Studies or related discipline Or Any Other Relevant Field;
• Ability to maintain confidentiality, respect, non-discrimination and safety of client at all times;
• Computer Literacy (Microsoft Word, Excel and Powerpoint)
• Comfortable in a multi-cultural environment, flexible and able to handle pressure well.
• At least 5-10 years of experience in international organizations and humanitarian settings, specifically in capacity building, grants and reporting;
• Experience in developing tools, manuals, training modules and plans for the purpose of operational capacity building;
• Experience conducting project evaluation;
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Moreover we also expect the following:
• Master’s Degree in Community Development, Sustainable Development
Ideally, you will also have previous experience in working with Syrian refugees in Lebanon.
DRC will offer the successful applicant a contract until 15th of December 2016, renewable dependent on both funding and performance. You must be available to start work from October 2016 and be willing and able to work in Beirut.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Expatriates and Nationals; please refer to www.drc.ngo under Vacancies. Daily rate will be based on experience and qualifications.
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button.
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in the same language as this vacancy note. CV only applications will not be considered.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact email@example.com
Applications close 23rd of October 2016. The interviews are expected to take place in the following week
Need further information?
For more details on this position please contact Dolene Khairallah at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that applications sent directly to Dolene Khairallah will not be considered.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.ngo
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Beirut
- Grade: International Consultant
- Education and Training
- Education and Training
- Closing Date: 2016-10-23