Makani Project Coordinator
World Vision International - Jordan:
Join us and be part of a global relief, development and advocacy NGO, dedicated to work with children, families & communities to overcome poverty and injustice. World Vision International was established in 1950 & operates in nearly 100 countries worldwide. We are committed to the protection of children and we do not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment types (full time, freelance, consultancy…etc) is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
For more information, please visit www.wvi.org.
Position : Makani Project Coordinator
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Under the overall supervision of the MAKANI Project Manager, project coordinator to line manages all field coordination and oversees the programmatic progress of the project. He/ She will be responsible of the daily oversight of MAKANI center operations, including assurance of compliance with minimum standards to assure a high quality programme. He/ She will ensure that activities are monitored and delivered to a high quality by the facilitators, volunteers and supervisors at each MAKANI center. The post holder will also ensure that education programme interventions are highly valued by the community and acknowledged as addressing the needs of beneficiaries.
Project Planning and Implementation
• Oversee performance of MAKANI partners, in cooperation with field officers by ensuring that they are offering education that is of technical quality.
• Assure that all MAKANI centers documentation and reports are complete, up-to-date, and accurate.
• Attend meetings and training programmes, as requested, to keep abreast of trends in the provided service areas.
• Coordinate the production of the themed education, promotional materials and events during the implementation of the programme.
• Perform the functions of this position with a strong understanding of the MAKANI initiative.
• Support the project manager in the operations of the project.
• Report directly to project Manager.
• Oversee execution of placement test and preparing the education plan in line with IFE curriculum framework.
Capacity building and training
• Assist in conducting the assessment for the future facility needs in all MAKANI centers, and make preliminary arrangement with MAKANI center supervisors.
• Assist in recruiting process on the center level “facilitators and mobilizers”, providing them with guidance as needed.
• Assist field officers in identifying their training needs, and improving their knowledge and abilities.
Partnership and networking
• Follow up with MAKANI partners to ensure that all the finance requests, procurement requests, progress and finance report are done on time.
• Build and maintain relationships with other NGOs, in order to build partnerships and positive engagement in educational matters.
• Ensure effective coordination and networking with local authorities and other agencies working for Education field.
• With the approval of Project Manager, represent the World Vision Jordan and its program at Inter-agency meetings, workshops and conferences that are deemed to be useful to World Vision.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting
• Conduct frequent field visits to all MAKANI centres location.
• Carry out recommendations of the Project Manager for programme improvement.
• Assist the coordination efforts education Specialist and Project Manager to re-enrol out-of school children into formal/ non-formal education.
• Provide input to Project Manager and Education specialist on children progress.
• Provide input to Project Manager and Education specialist on facilitators/ volunteers’ performance evaluation.
• Assist in identifying, reporting and responding to existing and potential child protection threats affecting the children participating in the MAKANI programme activities.
• Comply fully and ensure MAKANI centers management in addition to the facilitators and mobilizers compliance with WV’s child protection Policy and code of conduct.
• Bachelor degree in a social development related field - Education, psychology, sociology, specialized education. Post graduate education training is an added advantage.
• Post graduate education training is an added advantage.
• Relevant experience of at least 3 years with reputable institution, national or international education NGO.
Knowledge & Skills:
• Knowledge of the guidelines and approaches related to education for children in emergencies context.
• Familiar with core principles of Children Rights, Child Protection, Participation, Do No Harm, as well as INEE minimum standards.
• Knowledge of and adherence to the Child Protection, Red Cross and NGO Code of Conduct
• Interest in areas of child protection and/or education; back ground of dealing with children & young people.
• Working knowledge of the logical framework approach to project design, monitoring and evaluation/ project cycle management.
• Well-organized, self-motivated, positive attitude and with a willingness to learn.
• Ability to cope and work under pressure.
• Excellent English and Arabic communication skills (both oral and written)
• Achieving quality results and service
• Practicing accountability and integrity
• Communicating information effectively
• Thinking clearly, deeply and broadly
• Understanding the Humanitarian industry
• Understanding WV’s mission & operations
• Practicing continuous innovation & creativity
• Learning for growth and development
• Maintaining work/life balance
• Building collaborative relationships
• Practicing gender & cultural diversity
• Influencing individuals & groups.
If you are Jordanian and meet our requirements, please submit your resume with a covering letter via Akhtaboot.
If you are Jordanian and meet our requirements, please submit your resume with a covering letter to:
Please write " MAKANI Project Coordinator - WVJ" in the E-mail subject line.
Successful candidates only will be notified for the interview.
- Organization: World Vision
- Location: Amman
- Grade: Mid level
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2016-10-20