Field Officer – Rif Damascus - Syrian Nationals Only
Rif Damascus – Field Officer
(Syrian Nationals Only)
Position Location: Douma/Zamalka - Rif Damascus, Syria
Under the supervision of the Senior Program Manager, and in coordination with the Senior Governance Advisor, the Field Officers are responsible for coordinating activities with council advisors by attending and organizing skills building seminars organized in Syria, meeting with partner council representatives and other program partners, visiting project implementation sites in Syria to ensure adequate implementation of grants/activities and better understanding of program impacts, providing information for developing new program grants/activities, assisting in launching program grants/activities, and providing overall assistance to help guide the program in the desired direction. In addition to these core tasks, the Field Officers may be requested to conduct other program related activities, support the work of Field Monitors, and respond to ad hoc program requirements. The position is based in Syria.
Reporting & Supervision:
The Field Officer will report to the Senior Program Manager.
- As security conditions allow, conduct and attend meetings with partner council representatives within assigned province;
- Provide instructions, guidance and information to partner council representatives along with council advisors about requirements for project concept and application development;
- Conduct periodic meetings with partner council representatives to develop relationships, share and obtain information relevant for the program;
- Conduct site visits to project sites in Syria to verify project progress, collect milestone deliverables and other program purposes;
- Meet with partner councils and organization heads to inquire about equipment suitability, trouble shoot technical problems and confirm equipment locations, end users and use is in conformity with the terms of the grant agreement;
- Meet with council advisors and partner council representatives to help in organization of needs assessments and council performance assessments;
- Assist in preparations of workshops and trainings inside Syria;
- Attend workshops, trainings and events organized by council advisors and prepare workshop reports;
- Provide monthly report with observations about program impacts, potential new program areas, and program challenges;
- Conduct regular meetings with council advisors embedded in partner councils within assigned province;
- In case of in-kind grants and support provided to program partners, ensure proper documentation is in place and signed by authorized and vetted recipient of in-kind grant;
- Witness cash handover from hawala vendor to local vendors and/or local council representatives;
- Conduct other activities, as directed by the DCOP and Senior Program Manager.
SECONDARY RESPONSIBILITIES (As Directed)
- Assist the Field Monitors in implementation of M&E activities ;
- During visits to partner councils, collects ideas for projects, capacity development requirements and gather participant contact information for vetting;
- Translate documents, as requested and needed.
Managing and allocating program resources appropriately
- Strictly apply all programme required expense documentation and reporting for time in Syria, including developing draft travel and work plans prior to each deployment to Syria.
- Support the Area Managers in monitoring and reporting partner program budgets and expenditures, as relevant to assigned activities
- Support Area Managers to monitor and advise councils on the development and submission of all administrative and financial documents for grants
- Submit regular time sheets and travel expense reports for program related costs to ensure timely reporting of program operational expenses
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Previous experience working with local councils, civil society organizations or other community centered work
- Demonstrable experience working independently and taking initiative
- Excellent inter personal and communications skills, including speaking, writing and analysis skills
- Native written and spoken Arabic
- Able and willing to travel throughout opposition held areas of Syria, including parts of Rif Damascus.
- Experience in coordinating logistics for training and other events and basic financial reporting highly desirable.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience monitoring grants to local councils and/or civil society organizations.
- Knowledge of English language desirable.
Application deadline: November 3rd, 2016
Application instructions: Send complete CV and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include the name of the position you are applying for in the subject line.
- Organization: International Development Organisation
- Location: Damascus
- Grade: Mid level
- Civil Society
- Closing Date: 2016-11-03