Hygiene Promotion Trainer - Afghanistan
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organization’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
- These responsibilities shall be adapted to the particularities of the job location and context, phase of operation, strategic focus and type of program intervention. This section shall be revised whenever a new employee is hired or the context changes significantly. The line manager drafts the specific responsibilities and sends them to his/her line manager for approval.
- Responsible for collecting hygiene training materials.
- Responsible for conducting training on hygiene issue to school students and teachers.
- Produce reports on weekly base, monthly as well as on required base
- Distribute the hygiene kits to the targeted and planned beneficiaries
- Implementation of school hygiene program
- Keep proper documents of training for each session.
- Maintaining proper filling system.
- Raise awareness on water and sanitation related diseases (diarrhea, cholera, typhoid eyes disease and skin disease) caused by poor hygiene practices
- Encourage targeted beneficiaries for safe disposal of excreta
- Share the data and information among the team
- To provide information to the target population on ways of preventing the most significant water and sanitation diseases;
- To visit the target population to discuss the importance of using and constructing latrines, disposing of feces and hand washing and any other issues.
- These responsibilities shall be the same for all positions with the same title. The responsibilities shall be short and essential. Details belong in the Work- and
- Professional Development Plan.
- Ensure compliance with NRC policies, guidelines and standards
- Ensure compliance with CC strategy, tools, handbooks, guidelines and standards
- CC specific technical responsibility for implementation of technical activities of CC project(s)
- CC specific technical responsibility for tracking of financial expenditures for technical activities of CC project(s)
- CC specific technical responsibility for the quality control and monitoring of project activities
- CC specific technical responsibility for project documentation of technical activities of CC project(s)
- Provide specific technical support and capacity building towards project staff
- Provide specific technical analysis and feedback to NRC representatives in coordination forums
- Assess, promote and document ideas for technical improvement and further program development options
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist
- Promote the rights of IDPs/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
- IF APPLICABLE: Monitor and document the implementation of project activities done by implementing partners and/or contractors (plan of action activities, contracts, financial expenditures and project documentation)
- IF APPLICABLE: Conduct quality control and provide technical support to implementing partners and/or contactors.
- Experience from working within technical expertise area in a humanitarian/ recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Core competency expertise
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Good Communication skills & Compute skills,
- Fluency in Pashto and Dari both writing and speaking,
- Manage time effectively, prioritizing tasks and able to work to deadlines.
- Able to plan activities & carry them through effectively
- Work confidently within a group
- Other subjects
- Education title: High School Diploma
- Vocational upper secondary school
- Planning and delivering results
- Working with people
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Handling insecure environments
- Monthly Salary based on NRC Afghanistan Salary Scale
- Top up Credit card on monthly basis
- Leave and Holidays accordingly Afghanistan Labow Law
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Jalalabad
- Grade: P-3, International Professional
- Health service
- Health service
- Health service
- Health service
- Water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH)
- Emergency Aid
- Closing Date: 2016-10-17