The Program Officer’s primary responsibility is to provide overall backstopping to the implementation of USAID-funded project in Uganda focused on integrated high quality health services with emphasis on HIV/ADIS, TB and maternal and child health ervices. The Program Officer also provides support as needed to senior technical and management staff.
- Provide support Uganda-based program including work planning, results monitoring, documentation of achievements including report writing, fielding of consultants;
- Work with senior technical and management staff to ensure that program inputs are mobilized, including in the areas of hiring consultants and home office technical assistance, contracts, budgets, procurement and HR, to support the achievement of project deliverables;
- Assist senior technical and program staff in the development of annual country work plans and accompanying budgets;
- Assist in developing, writing and ensuring quality of project deliverables to include scopes of work, reports, summaries and success stories. These deliverables may require writing, editing, proofreading, and/or coordinating translation services;
- Coordinate project activities with partners and other organizations as appropriate. Assist in managing relations with partners in partnership with the in-country team;
- Coordinate and assist the Corporate Monitor, Chief of Party (COP), and Director of Finance and Administration on implementation of the project cost share plan;
- Represent project at meetings and give technical presentations of project activities;
- Assist with the preparation of technical documents and PR publications about the project; and
- Assist with proposal development and provide support to other projects as needed;
- Master’s degree in Public Health, international development or related field (or commensurate experience) PLUS a minimum of five years of relevant experience
- Flexible and able to handle multiple tasks and work collaboratively with others.
- Able to work independently in a fast-paced organization by prioritizing and managing multiple priorities. Strong attention to detail and follow-through required.
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of internal and external clients.
- Willingness to travel internationally as needed; prior experience working in developing countries
- Fluency in English is required, both spoken and writing.
- Experience with US Government-funded programs or in an organization focused on international development.
- Demonstrated high quality technical writing, editing and proofreading skills.
- High level proficiency in MS Office applications
- Demonstrated ability to work in teams.
Please note: Only candidates who are eligible to work in the United States for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position.
Please apply at this link: http://www.urc-chs.com/join-our-team/careers/program-officer-bethesda-md-united-states
- Organization: URC - University Research Company
- Location: Washington D.C
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Closing Date: 2016-11-30