Logistic/Procurement Officer - Ankara (Turkish Nationals Only) - Turkey
The Logistics/procurement Officer is responsible for overall establishment and implementation of the NRC Logistics and procurement systems & procedures for the office. The logistics officer shall fulfill the objectives in accordance with NRC's mandate, policies and country specific strategy. The purpose of the position is planning, organizing and coordination of the logistics and procurement duties, functions and responsibilities to ensure efficient and effective delivery of goods and services in support of programme implementation in NRC Turkey.
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
- The Logistics Officer is responsible for the logistics at Ankara office.
- GENERIC RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implement and train staff in NRC’s logistics policies and procedures at office level
- Ensure compliance with NRC’s Logistics Handbook, other NRC policies and donor requirements in all procedures and processes
- Provide anti corruption, transparency and cost efficiency focus in all processes (e.g. in procurement, vehicle management, asset management)
- Training and development of logistics team at office level
- Ensure safe and efficient transport of staff and materials/goods
- Prepare, check and share plans, records and reports as required (e.g. status reports, inventory lists)
- Implement a filing system/archives according to procedures
- Supervision of works for payment satisfaction
- Conduct spot checks
- Conduct periodic stock counts
- SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identification of suitable and reliable suppliers, vendors, providers and contractors of goods and services in support of programme implementation in accordance with NRC logistics Guidelines.
- Negotiation and contracting with suppliers, vendors, providers and contractors of goods and services protecting the interest of NRC in same in relation to pricing, quality, time, delivery etc.
- Ensure that proper procurement tracking systems are in place.
- Identification of storage needs to cater for programme implementation and buffer stock.
- Establishment of inventory control system for all NRC’s Furniture, fixtures, equipment and materials.
- Conduct spot checks in warehouses.
- Ensure that Car pool reports are completed on a monthly basis and sent to head office as required.
- Ensure that NRC’s communications and IT equipment are operational at all times, and that appropriate communications procedures are followed
- Responsible for Phone Recharges for Turkey and Syria staff
- Generic professional competencies for this position:
- Proven communication, interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Native Turkish Speaker
- Good in written and spoken English.
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Accuracy/correctness, timeliness and quality of information, reports and other documents.
- Achievement of set benchmarks and objectives.
- Ability to communicate (vertically & horizontally)
- Behavioural competencies:
- Goal oriented and visionary.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Able to work independently and with limited supervision.
- work experience in international development assistance
- Experience in supply chain, logistics and dispatch, distribution (including commercial), site management
- Fluency in Turkish and excellent skills in English (written and spoken).
- Good level of computer literacy (MS Office package)
- At least 3 years relevant experience with a humanitarian aid organization;
- At least 1 year of experience in managing people;
- Understanding of humanitarian/civil society issues in Turkey;
- Working with people
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Planning and delivering results
- Handling insecure environments
- Commencement : asap, kindly be informed that the position may be filled before the deadline if we identified a suitable candidate.
- Contract Period : Until December 2016 (possible renewal)
- Salary / Benefits: According to NRC Salary Scale
- Duty Station: Ankara / Turkey (with 20% travel in Turkey)
- Application procedures and CV registration:
- Please note that you are required to enter the GEOGRAPHICAL LOCATION for all your previous positions while registering your CV. There is no specific field for this information in our CV form, but you can use the "Company name" field for BOTH company and location
- NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners and to check that its partners have not been involved in illegal activities. NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Ankara
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Emergency Aid
- Closing Date: 2016-10-09