Grants, Financing & Livelihoods Advisor
Amman | Amman
*Position is contingent upon funding and donor approval.
World Vision is a relief, development and advocacy organisation devoted to improving the lives of children, families and their communities around the world. Our 45,000+ staff members working in more than 90 countries are united through our ethos, mission and shared desire for all individuals, especially children, to overcome poverty, inequality and injustice.
Here’s where you come in:
Water Innovation Technology (WIT) will be a five year USAID-funded program focused on water conservation and the creation/improvement of alternative livelihoods and access to finance for Jordanian host communities and Syrian refugee populations in Jordan.
As Grants, Financing & Livelihoods Advisor you will achieve sustainability in the project, it will be critical for communities to have access to finance allowing them capacity to afford water saving technologies and secure stable livelihoods. You will work to develop financial products to support water-saving investments (e.g. grants and revolving loans). You will also look into the possibility of using commercial credit for individuals and organizations willing to take on the risk of interest bearing loans and will seek to improve livelihoods through financial means and capacity building of individuals and communities.
- Masters Degree.
- Minimum of 5 years in a similar position and significant professional experience in the design, implementation and evaluation of interventions aimed at triggering behaviour change.
- Five years’ experience in financing models, sustainable livelihoods, and grantmaking through micro-finance, ability to translate this expertise into strategy and practice.
- Skills and experience in effective methodology for design and monitoring quality programs in emergency including rapid and in-depth assessments. - preferred
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel.
Is this the job for you?
World Vision is dedicated to our team members’ development and their success. We aspire for all employees to be fulfilled through their work and their contributions to an organisation working to provide long-term sustainable solutions to the world’s most vulnerable people.
Find the full responsibilities and requirements for this position online and apply by the closing date 08 October 2016. For more information on World Vision International, please visit our website: www.wvi.org. Due to the number of applications received, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- Organization: World Vision
- Location: Amman | Amman
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Closing Date: 2016-10-08