Deputy Chief of Party- Housing Finance
Habitat for Humanity International in partnership with the World Council of Credit Unions, the leading global trade association and development agency for financial inclusion, are seeking a Deputy Chief of Party of Housing Finance to support the Home Ownership and Mortgage Expansion (HOME) Initiative in Haiti. The project stimulates affordable housing development in Haiti through housing finance; builds the interest and capacity of participating financial intermediaries to effectively cost, issue and service home loans and mortgages geared towards low-to-moderate income households; builds the interest and capacity of housing developers to build affordable units which will be in demand by average Haitian households; and assesses the target market demand for different types of housing finance and homeownership.
JOB TITLE: Deputy Chief of Party, Finance Specialist – Haiti
JOB LOCATION: Port-au-Prince, Haiti
SCOPE OF WORK:
The Deputy Chief of Party of Housing Finance will have the primary responsibility for the following:
1.Provide support to participating lenders to either enhance existing approaches or develop innovative loan products that complement conventional financing methods and to reevaluate organizational obstacles to long-term lending for the working poor
2.Provide support to the COP in overseeing the timely execution of project tasks and integrity of project deliverables
3.Develop, maintain and monitor relationships with financial institutions and other housing stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required; an advanced degree in financial management preferred
- 5+ years' experience in progressively more responsible positions working in housing finance in Haiti, or in similar developing country contexts, specifically from the perspective of a financial institution.
- Working knowledge of current developments in microfinance, including mobile financial services and one or more of the following: savings, remittances, financial literacy.
- Experience working in Haiti, preferably with the Haitian financial and housing sectors
- Experience working in or with microfinance institutions, central banks and cooperative financial institutions
- Fluency in English
- Fluency in French and/or Haitian Creole strongly preferred
To be considered for this opportunity please be sure to apply directly at : http://www.habitat.org/job/deputy-chief-party-housing-finance-haiti
- Organization: Habitat for Humanity
- Location: Port-au-Prince
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Finance and Banking
- Finance and Banking
- Closing Date: 2016-10-31