Regional ICT Coordinator (Regional Developer) - Region Middle East
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
Rights Respected, People Protected
NRC Middle East Regional Office
The Middle East Regional Office based in Amman, Jordan was created in January 2014 as part of NRC’s reorganization process. We currently have more than 3,000 staff in the Middle East region assisting people displaced by conflict in Syria, Iraq, Lebanon, Turkey, Jordan and Palestine. Our work is concentrated on the shelter, education, food security, legal assistance and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors with strong protection and resilience focus integrated into our programs.
NRC operations is in the Middle East have grown significantly in recent years and further growth is expected in the months to come. With large operations in such fluid contexts, the NRC Middle East Regional Office has a stimulating and rewarding work environment, a collaborative workforce and genuine place of passion responding to a region in crisis.
If you are interested in joining our energetic regional team, we are now inviting applications from qualified candidates for the position of Regional ICT Coordinator (Regional Developer) based in Amman with travel across the region.
Purpose of Position:
The purpose of the Regional ICT Coordinator (Regional Developer) is to develop appropriate beneficiary tracking databases in all country offices in the region; and functioning DHIS 2 systems in each country as a primary data collection, storage and processing platform of programme information.
Our Ideal Candidate:
NRC is looking to hire an energetic, dynamic and communicative candidate who has 1-3 years of experience in software development and/or a Bachelor Degree in an IT field. Solid knowledge and experience of software development life cycle is a must, along with experience of working within data management platforms particularly SuiteCRM, DHIS 2, and Kobo Collect. Lastly, the candidate must have strong technical ICT skills and ability to diagnose software issues and find appropriate solutions.
We are looking to hire a Jordanian National for this post.
Job tasks and responsibilities:
· Provides direction, assigns tasks and gives instructions to staff, specifies their individual work plans and evaluates individual team member’s performance.
· Develops with the assigned team, quarterly activity plans and/or feeds in the quarterly team activity plan with technical experience and knowledge.
· Monitors the progress of the team activities and ensures they are implemented and conform to planning, quality, budget and donor guidelines. Monitors progress and the quality of the team output.
· Supports assigned staff in their professional development, identifies training needs,supports staff to achieve the objectives defined in their learning development plans and provides advanced technical support and develops capacity building initiatives to enhance the technical knowledge and professional development of staff.
· Identifies, analyses and evaluates key processes and gaps in the team activities and make recommendations for improvement.
· Ensures compliance with NRC (global and national) policies and procedures, handbooks and guidelines and/or proposes new initiatives to bridge gaps and implements these.
Duty station: Amman (Family Duty Station)
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale and terms and condition.
NRC may be required to verify the identity of its partners and to check that its partners have not been involved in illegal activities. NRC reserves the right to use electronic screening tools for this purpose.
NB: Please note that you are required to enter the geographical location in the "Company name" field for both company and location.
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Amman
- Grade: P-3, International Professional
- Emergency Aid
- Closing Date: 2016-09-17