ICT Engineer Bilingual French and English
The ICRC information communication technology engineer carries out independently large computer and telecommunication infrastructures projects according to ICRC standards, gives technical support and training on ICRC ICT matters in the assigned country-ies.
He monitors the situation of ICT installations and, in consultation with the concerned hierarchy, takes appropriate measures to guarantee the proper functioning of the ICT set-up and the respect of ICT policies and procedures. In addition, he installs, maintains, exploits and adapts existing large ICT infrastructure and material independently. He also carries out intermittent tests on ICT equipment, hardware and software networks and other devices in order to ensure their optimal performance and standard configuration.
In addition to this, he manages and leads small ICT Teams. He contributes to the ICT national Staff recruitment and training.
- Ideal age: 26 to 40
- Prepared to accept unaccompanied postings (i.e. no spouse, partner, children or dependents) during the first 24 months of collaboration
- Education degree in Telecommunications or any related field·
- ICT management certifications (ITIL, PMP, Prince2)
- Fluent in English and French
- Three years of professional experience
- Sound knowledge and experience of wave propagation
- Driving license (for manual transmission vehicles)
- Strongly motivated by humanitarian work
- Open-minded and adaptable
- Responsable and well-organized
- Strong interest in ICT Operations Management
- Capable of running a team – natural leadership qualities – interest in diversity management
- Able to and interested in training and supervising others
- Excellent ability to work in a team and under pressure in a potentially dangerous environment
What we offer
- An opportunity to practice your profession in a humanitarian and multicultural environment
- Several training courses and access to further in-house and/or external training
- Generous social benefits
Minimum length of assignment: 12 months
Please note that owing to the ICRC's working procedures and principles, in particular the principle of neutrality, we cannot assign personnel to a country of which they are a national.
- Organization: ICRC - International Committee of the Red Cross
- Location: Multiple locations
- Grade: Mid level
- Closing Date: