Data Entry Operator (National Contract)
Who are we?
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is an International non-governmental organization, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. The Danish Demining Group (DDG) is the mine action and armed violence reduction unit within DRC and focuses on freeing communities from the fear of mines, explosive remnants of war and armed violence.
Danish Refugee Council/ Danish Demining Group has been operational in Libya and Tunisia since 2011 focusing on the protection of the displaced and conflict-affected population. This includes IDPs, refugees and asylum seekers and the Libyan population affected by Explosive Remnants of War (ERW). DRC/DDG has its head office in Tripoli and field offices in Zarzis (Tunisia) and Sabha.
Duties and Responsibilities
The data entry operator will be involved in supporting a profiling exercise with target population of mixed migrants in Tripoli. The data entry operator is expected to:
- Ensure accurate inputting/ editing of data received from Protection field team and Protection reporting officer into database
- Design and construct a database/ Web Application for the protection projects in Libya/North
- Generate data analysis system with Protection reporting officer by producing graphs, charts etc and as directed by the Project Manager;
- Maintain and further develop the structure or format of the database as required, incorporating ideas and amendments from the Protection projects
- Train Protection field project staff on the use of the database;
- Adapte and maintain Protection monitoring new tools with database and operating manual on how to use the database for the protection field team
- Work with Protection Reporting officer to develop and maintain a web interface for the database, in consultation with the Project Manager
- Maintain strict confidentiality in all aspects of the work
- Conducting data entry activity in the database in a timely and precise manner, as per supervising Manager indications, in coordination with enumerators and guided by the supervisor
- Respect the principle of confidentiality at all times
- Other duties as required by the Protection Manager
To be successful in this role you must have:
- Written and spoken English;
- previous experience in data entry activities
- good knowledge of Microsoft access and excel
- ability to work under pressure and result oriented
DRC will offer the successful applicant a 1 month contract, non-renewable.
Salary and conditions will be in accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment for Nationals; the position will be placed at D1 level. You should be available to start work as soon as possible.
Interested? Then apply for this position by clicking on the apply button.
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact email@example.com
Applications close on Tuesday 26th of July. The interviews are expected to take place in the following week. (DRC reserves a right to close application process prior to assigned closing date)
Need further information?
For more details on this position please contact Insaf Mounadi at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that applications sent directly to Insaf will not be considered.
For further information about the Danish Refugee Council, please consult our website www.drc.ngo
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Tunis
- Grade: P-3, International Professional
- Closing Date: 2016-07-26