SDHS/Census Coordinator (Temporary Appointment), Pyongyang, Democratic People's Republic of Korea, P-4
Duration: 6 months
Closing Date: 1 August 2016 (5 pm New York time)
Under the direct supervision of the UNFPA Representative, the SDHS/Census Coordinator plays the leading role in achieving the outcomes and results of UNFPA SDHS/2018 DPRK Census project (the Project).
In close collaboration with the UNFPA Technical Specialist on PD and guided by the UNFPA/Republic of Korea (ROK) project document on SDHS/2018 DPRK Census, the incumbent provides UNFPA Representative and CO team a technical as well as day-to-day coordination and management support in achieving results under the Project. S/he establishes and maintains collaborative relationships with counterparts in government, multilateral and bi-lateral donor agencies and civil society and supports other team members to facilitate overall programme delivery. This position is included in the UNFPA/ROK project document.
Advanced degree in Statistics, Demography, Sociology, Gender, International Relations, International Development, Economics, Public Administration, Management or other related field.
Knowledge and Experience:
• 7 years, including 4 years at international level, of increasingly responsible professional experience in the field of development and population activities, including census programme designing, appraising and management,
• Demonstrated skills in data processing and data analysis and computer software applications,
• Proven ability to manage large scale project, lead and manage teams to achieve demonstrable results,
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills to foster engaged partnerships at a high level of representation,
• Strong interest in development work, especially the mission of the United Nations Population Fund and dedication to the principles of the United Nations; and,
• Field experience, specifically in humanitarian and emergency settings is a strong asset.
• Experience with UNFPA and or United Nations system would be an advantage.
Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another UN language is an asset.
- Organization: UNFPA - United Nations Population Fund
- Location: Pyongyang
- Grade: P-4, International Professional
- Population matters (trends and census)
- Closing Date: 2016-08-03