HR Admin Assiatnt - Jerusalem
The HR Admin Assistant is responsible for all reception duties and assist the Administration department welcoming visitors in NRC and assisting the Administration in day-to-day activities at the NRC Country Office in Jerusalem and assisting the HR Coordinator with daily tasks
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
- Promote NRC Policies rules and regulations in relation to cash payments, Staff travel and Staff attendance
- Assist with the implementation and roll out of HR policies, procedures and NRC standards at office level, support fields on relevant issues
- Support in the implementation of staff induction programs for office level
- Responsible for all reception duties related to NRC Country Office, including welcome visitors, answering phone and taking messages.
- Draft and follow up Lease agreements in coordination with Logistic/Security department.
- Prepare Staff’s leaves(Sick,annual,overtime) and make sure the tracking sheet is updated. By the end of each month send the tracking sheet to the HR Coordinator.
- Responsible for taking bookings for the meeting room and ensuring that it is kept in order; Preparing the communication equipment and Procurement of fruit/pastries/lunch when needed.
- Make Accommodation arrangements for Field visitors and follow up payments.
- Handling and filing original and hard copies of all required documents for administration and all projects according to NRC filing key.
- respondiblee for the administration of expat staff information relevant for visa and permit applications
- liaise with Logistics Department on asset transfers filling and email opening/closing requests
- Focal point for venue booking, flight bookings and guest house.
- Handle and follow up Health Insurance for West bank Employees and act as a focal point with the Health Insurance Company regarding Health Insurance Policy and Insurance Claims.
- Prepare all utilities payments, cash advances and other cash payments and Cash counting and prepare Cash Post backs
- Assist in Bids & request for quotation meetings
- Take minutes of the CMG, Team leaders and NSC meetings
- Update NRC Palestine staff List to HQ
- Keep contact list for all national and International staff updated at all times – Update and consolidate NRC Organogram
- Recruitment: Interview scheduling, Reference checks, tests follow up
- Experience from working as a Support Function Assistant in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Very good command of computer skills (Word, Excel).
- Very Good knowledge of English.
- Ability to work under pressure, independently and with limited supervision
- Administration / Organisation / Management
- College / University, Bachelor's degree
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Coping with change
- ‘NRC policy is to prefer equally qualified and competent internal candidates in recruitment processes. The position will be paid in accordance with NRC’s national staff salary scale’.
- Travel: Some travelling must be expected
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Jerusalem
- Grade: P-3, International Professional
- Human Resources
- Human Resources
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Emergency Aid
- Closing Date: 2016-07-15