UN Reform Specialist, Programme Division
New York City
Reporting to the UN Reform Coordinator, the Specialist will play a critical role to ensure strategic positioning of UNFPA in the inter-governmental and inter-agency fora. The UN Reform Unit, located in the Directorate, Programme Division, maintains regular contact with external partners and UNFPA staff assigned to the various UN Reform working groups thus ensuring that UNFPA is well positioned on UN Reform matters.
Qualifications and Experience
- Advanced university degree in Social Sciences, Political Science, International Relations or other relevant fields.
Knowledge and experience:
- 5 years of relevant professional experience, of which 3 years at the international level;
- Knowledge of external relations and the UN System; networking and advocacy and well as substantive areas of UNFPA’s work;
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, negotiation skills and managerial skills;
- Initiative and sound judgment;
- Have extensive coordination expertise preferably within a UN agency and should have demonstrated political acumen and negotiation skills;
- Dedication to the United Nations principles and demonstrated willingness to work as part of a team;
- Fluency in English required; knowledge of other official UN Languages is an asset.
- Organization: UNFPA - United Nations Population Fund
- Location: New York City
- Grade: P-3, International Professional
- Development Cooperation
- Public Administration - Restructuring
- Closing Date: 2016-08-02