Chief, UNFPA Office in Geneva
Under the leadership of the DGM Division Director, the Chief of the Geneva Office serves as UNFPA’s most senior Representative in Geneva and has overall responsibilities for managing UNFPA relations with other Geneva-based UN agencies, Permanent missions and international organizations.
- Strategic leadership
- Day to day office management of staff and resources
- Develop strategies for inter-governmental processes relevant to ICPD and UNFPA
- Develop strategies to ensure that UNFPA enjoys a positive image with Geneva Based Permanent Missions, UN agencies and civil society, and achieves its corporate objectives, including through the realization of outcomes in intergovernmental processes in the areas of health, human rights and humanitarian affairs.
- Develop strategies to strengthen relations with civil society organizations and parliamentarians to advance UNFPA's political objectives
- Provide day to day leadership on management issues and ensure effective coordination among Geneva office staff from DGM, PD and TD.
- Supports UNFPA I intergovernmental objectives globally through effective interpositioning of processes and outcomes in Geneva with other processes, especially in New York.
Qualifications and Experience
Advanced University Degree in Social Sciences, International Relations or Development, Public Health, or Human Rights.
Knowledge and Experience:
- 15 years of relevant and increasingly responsible professional and managerial experience in development and multilateral affairs. Strong knowledge of human rights, global health and humanitarian affairs an asset.
- Knowledge of the ICPD agenda and related intergovernmental processes and negotiations essential; Field experience with UNFPA an asset.
- Strong inter-personal skills, strong public speaking skills; excellent speech writing and report writing skills.
- Proficiency in English required.
- Knowledge of French an asset.
- Organization: UNFPA - United Nations Population Fund
- Location: Geneva
- Grade: D-1, Director
- Closing Date: 2016-10-24