Area Manager Bekaa
Bekaa | Beirut
NRC opened our offices in Lebanon in 2006. Through this programme, we support everyone affected by displacement – refugees as well as host communities. We help them fight for their rights and overcome the everyday hardships they face. We focus on providing legal assistance and shelter, and advocating for refugee rights inside the country, regionally, and internationally.
NRC Lebanon is looking for an experienced Area Manager for Bekaa, South Lebanon
In the Bekaa area we are focused on implementing Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA), Shelter, WASH, Education, and Collective Site Management and Coordination programmes for Syrian refugees. The projected programme budget for 2016 exceeds USD 10 million, and the Area Manager is responsible for a team of almost 150 staff. In 2015, more than 180,000 beneficiaries were reached by NRC’s programme in the Bekaa.
The Area Manager ensures that, through NRC’s programme, refugee rights are respected and that refugees are protected in Bekaa. As the senior staff member in Bekaa, the Area Manager is NRC’s representative and manages relationships with local government, UN agencies, other NGOs and refugee and host communities. The Area Manager has delegated responsibility for ensuring that the programme is implemented in accordance with donor agreements. To make sure the staff observe NRC’s Code of Conduct and other guiding principles, refugees feedback is received and acted upon, and NRC’s financial, human and other resources are carefully controlled to ensure maximum impact for refugees and affected hosting communities.
The Area Manager is a member of the Country Management Group and actively contributes to the strategic direction of the country programme, and is an advocate for refugees and host communities. Programme quality is supported by the Programme Management Unit, and the Area Manager guides the interface between Project Managers and this Unit to ensure that high quality programming and value for money is achieved.
Our ideal candidate is:
A seasoned senior manager, with previous experience of managing large teams and multi-disciplinary programmes in a complex environment, with solid programme development experience and at least 3 years of NGO experience in a humanitarian/ recovery context. We are particularly looking for a positive individual with strong communication skills, who can build trust and confidently navigate both internally and externally at different levels. A university graduate with good English skills and a knowledge of the Middle East Context are essential.
In this position you will join highly motivated and expert staff who are making a difference to the most vulnerable people in the world's biggest displacement crisis.
Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
· Leadership of the Area Management Team in Bekaa, and direct line management of eight staff.
· Overall responsibility for implementation of projects (including coordinating input for donor proposals and reports) in the area, in compliance with contractual commitments (i.e. quality, synergies, timeliness, use of resources) and NRC's SOPs.
· Management of NRC’s area-level budget, identifying issues, recommending and following up on corrective action.
· Responsible for safety and security of staff in the area, including implementation of the Safety and Security Plan, analysis of the security situation at local level and across the area, and ensuring regular staff training/awareness raising on safety and security issues.
· Compliance and adherence to NRC policies, especially the Code of Conduct and Anti-Corruption Guidelines and including the promotion of refugee rights in line with the advocacy strategy.
· Provision of area-specific input on Core Competency (CC) strategies, Country Strategy and Plan of Action.
· Ensure optimal use of resources – financial, human, physical – to achieve strategic objectives.
· Representation of NRC in the area, build relationships on area level and active participation in the coordination of the response.
· Assess and develop emergency response, and implement response plans as necessary.
· Ensure capacity building is provided to all staff in the area.
Contract period: 24 months
Salary/benefits: According to NRC’s salary scale
Non family duty station
Interested candidates are encouraged to apply early, as applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and candidate assessments may be conducted prior to the vacancy deadline.
For more information and to apply CLICK HERE
- Organization: NRC - Norwegian Refugee Council
- Location: Bekaa | Beirut
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2016-07-18