Humanitarian Response Specialist, Yangon, Myanmar, P-4
This post is non-rotational.
Closing Date: 30 June 2016 (5:00 pm New York time)
Duty Station: Yangon, Myanmar
Duration: One year (renewable)*
Under the overall guidance of the UNFPA Representative and direct supervision of Deputy Representative, the incumbent will be responsible for overseeing, planning and assisting with implementation of humanitarian-related programme activities in rapidly changing and highly complex environment. The incumbent will be based in Yangon with frequent backstopping missions to the field offices.
Advanced university degree in Medical Studies, Public Health, Humanitarian Studies, International Relations, Political Science, Social Sciences or other relevant field;
Knowledge and Experience:
• At least 7 years of progressively responsible professional work of which a minimum of three years of managerial experience in humanitarian and relief operations, part of which should be at the international level;
• Knowledge and understanding of UN humanitarian relief operations and procedures is essential;
• Experience in reproductive and sexual health and/or gender-based violence especially in the context of emergency response is essential;
• Prior UN system experience, particularly working with inter-agency humanitarian sector/cluster system, is an asset;
• Prior experience to coordinating emergency responses is an asset
• Familiarity of Myanmar is an asset;
• Fluency in English is required. Working knowledge of another UN official language is desirable.
- Organization: UNFPA - United Nations Population Fund
- Location: Yangon
- Grade: P-4, International Professional
- Humanitarian Aid
- Closing Date: 2016-06-30