Cairo | Cairo
Under the overall supervision of the UNODC Regional Representative for the Middle East and North Africa and the direct supervision of the Procurement associate, the intern will gain first-hand knowledge and experience in UNODC activities relating to procurement.
- Provide administrative and filling support to the Procurement Associate.
- Contribute to the preparation of various written outputs, e.g. correspondence, solicitation documents, etc.;
- Support the Procurement Associate in the procurement process for Individual contractors, including the preparation of procurement notices, advertisement, compiling all needed administrative documents, etc.
- Support the Procurement Associate in developing and updating the rosters of suppliers in the MENA region and registering them in the UN Global Marketplace and Umoja;
- Performs other duties as required.
After a six-months assignment, the intern will have gained expertise and experience in UN Rules and regulation related to procurement and administrative work for the United Nations, as well as hands-on experience in the implementation of the UNODC mandate.
- Applicants should be enrolled in post graduate university or have completed a university degree no more than one year ago in, Management, Business admiration, public administration, or other relevant Procurement.
- No professional experience is required.
- Strong interest in working in the UN system, particularly on drug- and crime-related issues.
- General IT competence and command of main office software programmes
- Internet communication and searching skills
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and a strong team working capacity
Languages: Excellent knowledge of Arabic and English with fluency in speaking, reading and writing. Knowledge of French is an asset.
To apply, students interested in UNODC internship (Procurement) should submit:
• A Curriculum Vitae (CV)
• A cover letter in English (150-250 words) outlining their reasons for doing an internship and indicating their areas of interest.
Interested should email their application to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Organization: UNODC - United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime
- Location: Cairo | Cairo
- Grade: Junior
- Closing Date: 2016-12-31