Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist, NOC, Manila, Philippine National
Manila | Manila
Purpose of the Position
To ensure that the UNICEF Country Office has useful, valid and reliable information on:
- the situation of children’s and women’s rights;
- the performance of UNICEF-supported programmes including their relevance, efficiency, effectiveness, and sustainability, and in emergency contexts, their coverage, coordination and coherence.
To work within the UN country team to support UNCT goals for delivering valid and reliable information on the attainment of the MDGs and other goals, and on the performance of UN-supported programmes.
To assist in the establishment of a monitoring an evaluation tools which enhance partnership between the UNCT, government and other key players to collectively track progress on MDGs and other international commitment for children.
To assist in the development of national capacities for monitoring, evaluation and research, with special attention to the interest, concern and participation of government, community, and civil society stakeholders.
Key End Results
Quality assurance of work plans: Support to coordination and communication process of work plans with NEDA and other partners. Support to ensure integration of cross sectoral priorities. Support to quality assurance of work plans to ensure a thorough budget review, ensuring programme budgets align to programme ceilings, funding available. Facilitate, process, documentation and budgeting for activities that are shared accountabilities between programme sections in Manila and the Field Office's work plan
Oversight of Programme Monitoring mechanisms: Review of travel plan and reporting to ensure programme monitoring is risk informed and equity focused and that recommendations feed into future planning.
Support to Resource Mobilization to address funding gaps: Oversight of funding gaps by output and monitoring pipeline table and coordinate documentation on partnerships.
Support to Knowledge Management: Management of programme documents – share point, common drive. Update and communicate experiences implementing Programme work processes
5. Monitoring, Evaluation & Research Planning. The Country Office and national partners have a well-prioritised and realistic plan of research, monitoring and evaluation activities, developed collaboratively that provides all the relevant and strategic information needed to manage the Country Programme.
6. Situation Monitoring and Assessment. A collectively Situation Monitoring and Assessment system owned by all key partners is in place, through which the Country Office and national partners have timely and accurate measurements of change in conditions of children, women, and their families in the country or region; this information is available to facilitate planning and measure program impact.
7. Programme Performance Monitoring. The planning function of the Country Office has quality information collected and disseminated with the participation of all concerned partners to assess progress towards expected annual and multi-year results.
8. Evaluation. UNICEF-supported evaluations attain established UN quality standards, and the results are disseminated in a timely fashion to stakeholders for improving programme performance and contributing to national and corporate learning.
9. M&E Capacity Building. The monitoring and evaluation capacities of Country Office staff and national partners – government and civil society – enhanced with the contribution of UNICEF knowledge partners meet the expectations and requirements of their positions and responsibilities. 10. Coordination and Networking. The UNICEF office is linked to wider UNICEF M&E developments in a way that both contributes to and benefits from organizational learning on effective M&E management.
Qualified candidates are requested to complete an online candidate profile in http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/ by 21 June 2016. Only applications sent through the e-recruitment portal under Job Number 496291 will be considered.
Queries may be directed to email@example.com with subject line “Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist”.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.***UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified male and female candidates from all provinces of the Philippines, religious and ethnic backgrounds including persons living with disabilities, to apply and become a part of our organization.***
- Organization: UNICEF - United Nations Children’s Fund
- Location: Manila | Manila
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Accounting (Audit, Controlling)
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Closing Date: 2016-06-21