Chief of Party, Macedonia
World Learning seeks a Chief of Party for an anticipated USAID-funded youth and civil society project. Per USAID contract requirements, the expected period of performance will be 2-5 years depending on candidate citizenship. Recruitment contingent upon successful award of the project. Please transmit: CV or resume not to exceed 2 pages; cover letter (in English) with the post title on the subject line explaining why you are best qualified for this position; and three references within the last 3 years with current contact information (phone, mail address and email address). Nationals of Macedonia or other Balkan countries are highly encouraged to apply.
Chief of Party (Full time position based in Skopje, Macedonia)
The Chief of Party will be responsible for technical leadership and administrative oversight of the project and will serve as World Learning’s principal institutional liaison to the donor and key stakeholders. The ideal candidate will be a dynamic individual and seasoned director, able to work effectively and respectfully with individuals from diverse backgrounds, and experienced in supporting civil society and sustained youth engagement.
· Provide overall leadership, management and direction for the project;
· In conjunction with USAID and World Learning HQ, determine annual priorities, develop work plans, and ensure project responds to changing political conditions and operating environment;
· Oversee program administration, implementation, and fiscal management;
· Serve as primary liaison with USAID, development partners, and government stakeholders;
· Ensure timely and quality support to USAID Mission;
· Oversee expedient and responsive grants under contract program;
· Oversee and monitor quality of organizational capacity development to local organizations, using customized capacity development tools and approaches to ensure measureable impact;
· Report regularly to World Learning HQ, providing timely updates of all situational and program developments;
· Ensure reports, work plans, and other project deliverables are timely and of high quality;
· Manage and supervise team of local staff and consultants.
· Master’s degree from an accredited university in a field such as business administration, organizational development, political science, international relations, or other relevant field;
· Minimum 7 years of experience in civil society strengthening, organizational development, policy advocacy, youth leadership development or other related field, which includes project management experience, with strong financial and personnel management expertise;
· Proven ability to properly engage with diverse populations and stakeholders in accomplishment of project objectives;
· Understanding of the Macedonian political and civil society landscape highly desirable;
· Knowledge of USAID rules and regulations;
· Commitment to inclusive programming that encourages full participation of individuals regardless of ethnicity, religion, gender, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other marginalized status;
· Proven, excellent oral and written communications ability;
· Proven track record of donor coordination, other donors and stakeholders;
· English fluency required;
· Macedonian and/or Albanian language skills highly desirable.
To apply, go to http://www.worldlearning.org/connect/employment/. Open the job posting of your choice and click the “Apply” button. The system will guide you on how to register and submit your application. While WL would like to graciously thank all applicants for their interest and responses, only applicants who meet all requisite criteria and are shortlisted will be contacted. No phone calls please. Thank you.
- Organization: World Learning
- Location: Skopje
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Closing Date: 2016-06-17