Senior Advocacy Manager for ACF Spain Middle East missions
Amman | Amman
ACF is an international non-governmental, private, apolitical, non-religious and non-profit organization created in 1979. Its goal is to combat hunger and dangerous situations that threaten men, women and children. Currently 500 expats and more than 5,000 employees are working for ACF in more than forty-six countries working in projects concerning four areas of focus: nutrition, health, food security and water and sanitation.
Coordinate ACF-Spain’s advocacy policy implementation regarding the Syrian crisis in all the missions ran by this HQ, supporting the positioning of the organisation on the different fora and stakeholders related to this crisis.
Objective 1: Advocacy program definition and implementation
· Analysis of the key humanitarian challenges related with the Syrian crisis in general and ACF Spain in particular upon the organisation’s mandate and nature.
· Develop and implement an advocacy program for the Syrian crisis supporting ACF Spain Country Directors in Syria and Lebanon, in line with the overall ACF Spain and ACFIN advocacy strategy.
· Work with Advocacy Desk and operations Desk Officer to pursue funding opportunities.
· Sponsor the search for and development of new relationships and alliances with other stakeholders that could be an add value for in country interventions.
Objective 2: Positioning an**d Networking**
· Capitalisation and search of multiplier effects of regional initiatives in communication or advocacy
· Communication and spread to key stakeholders in the region results of projects, good practices, strategies, etc… elaborated by the ACF Spain missions and HQ.
· Regular donor meetings on regional level (also out of Jordania).
Support to Syria Mission donors support.
· Bachelors or master degree in political science, business administration or similar background / or equivalent experience as country Director or Desk Officer
· Specific studies in humanitarian aid and/or development
· Good knowledge of strategic planning, representation and coordination
· Knowledge of ACF operations, policies and procedures
· Strong geopolitical analysis
· Demonstrated experience in working in Middle East region in humanitarian aid
· Specific knowledge on advocacy approach, design and implementation techniques
· Significant experience on advocacy at national level, desirable regional level on the Middle East context.
· Five or more years with coordination experience. Three or more years management experience as Country Director with ACF strongly preferred
· Desirable: Experience in negotiation with donors, networks establishment
· Demonstrated leadership, management and supervisory skills
· Strong critical thinking and writing skills; excellent communication skills
· Proven interpersonal and networking skills with international organisations and donors
· Strong negotiation skills
· English fluency, Arabic , French and Spanish appreciated
· Microsoft tools (Excel, Word, Access, PP). Others will be an asset (mapping programmes)
We offer immediate incorporation to a dynamic international network with the following remuneration package:
- Work contract: 1 year forecast duration
- Salary: from 2.200€ to 2.800€ gross per month according to candidate’s previous experience (according to standard list of ACF- Spain)
- ACF- Spain remuneration system allows a salary progression based on the annual development appraisal.
- Up to 20% additional remuneration depending on the position’s context and responsibilities (according the grading scale set by ACF-E)
- House and maintenance covered by the organization (including per diem): package estimated according to the destination.
- Travel costs to and from the mission.
- 25 working days of paid leave per year.
- Break: additional rest period, including travel cost to a reference area and economic help of 215€.
- Health, repatriation, travel and life insurance covered by the organization.
- Extra per month and per child (Under 18 years old).
We will only consider the candidacies received by our online service. Please click in the following link to accede to the service:
Note. - Given the urgency of this position, the vacancy may close before the deadline. For more information about this position, visit our Website www.accioncontraelhambre.org in case of not find it published here means that the selection process has been closed.
- Organization: Action Against Hunger
- Location: Amman | Amman
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2016-06-30