Field Coordinator, Iraq
International Medical Corps, a global humanitarian nonprofit organization dedicated to saving lives and relieving suffering through health care training and relief and development programs, seeks candidates for the position of Field Coordinator for our Programs in Iraq.
Established in 1984 by volunteer doctors and nurses, International Medical Corps is a private, voluntary, nonpolitical, nonsectarian organization. Its mission is to improve the quality of life through health interventions and related activities that build local capacity in underserved communities worldwide. By offering training and health care to local populations and medical assistance to people at highest risk, and with the flexibility to respond rapidly to emergency situations, International Medical Corps rehabilitates devastated health care systems and helps bring them back to self-reliance.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Support and oversee the day-to-day implementation of all programs in the field site,
- Provide constructive supervision to the Project Managers to implement, monitor and evaluate work plans and monitoring & evaluation mechanisms.
- Provide direct support and supervision to the field site's HR lead, ensuring recruitment, staff orientation, payroll preparation, leave management and exit management processes are carried out timely and in line with relevant policies and procedures
- Document and address breaches of policy and disciplinary issues in coordination with the HR Manager in a professional manner and in line with the letter and spirit of the relevant policy.
- In close coordination with the Finance department, ensure proper financial, logistics and information management systems and control mechanisms are in place and adhered to in line with the International Medical Corps' global and in-country finance and logistics policies.
- Provide supervision and leadership to the field site's finance and logistics personnel.
Review and ensure timely submission of finance and logistics reports from the field site as required.
As International Medical Corps' Security Focal Point for the field site. Ensure all staff in the field site know and understand International Medical Corps' local security regulations; document and address breaches of policy and disciplinary issues in coordination with the Security Manager in Erbil.
Represent International Medical Corps with local government authorities (primarily the DoH/MoH), non-state actors, UN agencies, GOs, and donors at the field site level
“Other duties as assigned. The duties and responsibilities listed are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all inclusive.”
“To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function with or without reasonable accommodation.”
· A university degree in a relevant field and at least 4 years of professional international experience in humanitarian work
· A masters degree in international development, public health, or a relevant study and 3 years of professional international experience in humanitarian work.
· Demonstrated experience managing a large and diverse portfolio as well as a range of staff and with strong emphasis on developing their capacities
· Familiarity with major donors including UN, USAID/OFDA, DFID, ECHO, BPRM
· Ability to work in unstable and multi-cultural environments
· Fluency in written and spoken English (Arabic a plus).
· Commitment to the principles of participatory team management and participatory, community- oriented development.
· Full capacity in the Microsoft office suite required.
“International Medical Corps is proud to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, age, disability or status as a veteran.”
Please apply through the below link:
- Organization: IMC - International Medical Corps
- Location: Baghdad
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Closing Date: 2016-06-16