Recruiter II (Staff & Proposal)
Washington D.C | Washington D.C
FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education, nutrition, environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth, research and technology — creating a unique mix of capabilities to address today's interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of: Recruiter II (Staff & Proposal)
The position can be based in either FHI 360’s Washington, DC office or in the Durham, NC office.
Recruits, interviews and recommends placement of candidates for professional and technical positions from both internal and external sources. This position involves heavy proposal recruiting as well as staff recruiting assignments. Develops effective working relationships with placement agencies, colleges, technical schools, and job fairs. Maintains effective working relationships with all levels of company management to ensure adequate coverage of personnel needs. Consults with management to identify and recommend the most qualified candidates. Extends offers to selected candidates and may arrange for relocation when necessary. Maintains an effective personnel advertising program as directed by management. Keeps informed of developments in such areas as wages and salaries, employee benefits, and general personnel practices.
Job Summary / Responsibilities:
- Leads recruitment assignments that require innovative applications of experience and knowledge to meet FHI 360’s recruitment needs.
- Identifies the best mix of resources among use of job boards, web searches, referrals and industry sources to find candidates.
- Provides organization information, opportunities, and benefits; makes presentations; maintains rapport with external clients.
- Determines applicant qualifications by interviewing applicants; analyzing responses; verifying references; comparing qualifications to job requirements.
- Negotiates candidate salaries, benefits and allowances according to FHI 360 policies and within proposal/project budget constraints and client regulations.
- Collaborates with hiring managers, management and recruitment team to plan and implement effective recruiting strategies. Collaborates with HR Business Partners to meet internal client needs.
- Participates in client meetings and business strategy sessions to improve and build upon recruitment processes and creates innovative approaches to attract top quality talent.
- Manages candidates through the entire recruiting process from initial contact to hire date.
- Guides hiring managers on staffing and recruitment policies and procedures ensuring compliance with EEO, AAP, and employment laws and regulations.
- Requires a minimum of 6-8 years of professional recruiting experience, which includes proposal recruiting, preferably within an international development organization.
- Knowledge of government and/or donor requirements especially USAID as well as domestic and international recruiting markets.
- Articulate, professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive manner with clients, and staff.
- Excellent interpersonal and time management skills and an ability to work with diverse teams, as well as meet sometimes tight recruitment deadlines.
- Ability to work with staff across the organization, both technical staff, project managers and field project teams.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English. French, Spanish or Arabic a plus.
- Working experience with applicant tracking systems (iCims a plus).
- A Bachelor’s degree or minimum of 4 years of relevant professional experience and a Master’s degree.
- Certification as Professional Recruiter (PRC) or Professional in Human Resources (PHR) preferred.
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.
We offer competitive compensation and an outstanding benefit package. Please click here to visit FHI 360's Career Center for a list of all open positions.
FHI 360 is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. FHI 360 is an equal employment and affirmative action employer whereby we do not engage in practices that discriminate against any person employed or seeking employment based on race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other status or characteristic protected under applicable law.
- Organization: FHI 360
- Location: Washington D.C | Washington D.C
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Human Resources
- Closing Date: 2016-06-30