Nutrition Project Manager, Malakal
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Provide oversight management of nutrition activities in 12 month emergency Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH) and nutrition project. The Project Officer will have responsibility for day to day implementation of project activities to achieve results-based outputs and outcomes, management of project budget to ensure timely expenditure compliant with donor regulations, oversight of the project team including field staff and local partners, and focal point for liaison with key stakeholders including UNICEF, government and local authorities, relevant Clusters and other NGOs.
The Nutrition Project Officer will oversee quality implementation of CMAM and IYCF activities and provide technical leadership for nutrition outcomes in the project.
• Direct oversight and day to day management of the project, ensuring achievement of project outcomes and outputs as related to improved nutrition and health service delivery.
• Establish and maintain effective project management tools for implementation, work plan management, procurement, budget management and spending planning, quality assurance monitoring, beneficiary accountability, and programmatic and financial reporting.
• Procurement of project material and supplies according to work plans and budget, including development and implementation of procurement and distribution plans.
• Recruitment and capacity building of local project staff.
• Ensure grant management compliance for the project in alignment with donor and World Vision (WV) International regulations.
• Management and oversight of local partner, including day to day implementation, quality assurance and capacity building Management of 4-6 field staff.
• Coordination with nutrition technical specialist, Finance, Programs, Supply Chain Management/ Procurement, Quality Assurance (M&E), People & Culture (P&C) and Administration teams to ensure timely, high quality project implementation and management.
• Supervise and provide support to local staff (20-30).
• Coordinate with and provide technical supervision / capacity building to Ministry of Health workers, as necessary.
• Management of overall project budget, in compliance with donor requirements and WVI Field Financial Manual.
• Develop and manage monthly spending plan, ensure timely expenditure and management of burn rate; Develop budget revision requests if necessary.
• In collaboration with Finance team, prepare project Financial Reports and explanation of any variances.
• In collaboration with Finance team, ensure timely recording and documentation of project expenditures to ensure compliance and prepare for audit.
Technical Support and Reporting:
• Oversight of integrated nutrition objectives - Community Management of Acute Malnutrition (CMAM) and Integrated Young Child Feeding (IYCF) nutrition, in coordination with Nutrition Technical Advisor.
• Oversight of CMAM Database and HMIS / health facility reporting.
• Prepare and share monthly management report on project progress.
• Prepare and share donor quarterly / final narrative and financial reports, including progress against project performance indicators.
• Other reporting and communication materials as necessary, including Health and Nutrition Cluster reporting requirements (ex: 3W’s).
• Develop M&E plan for progress tracking, and data collection plan for monitoring and evaluating key project indicators.
• Quarterly reporting against project indicators.
• Planning and oversight of project evaluation.
Representation, Coordination & Engagement with Key Stakeholders:
• Backstop representation role at Nutrition Cluster, and representation at other UN OCHA / Cluster coordination working groups or forums relevant to Health and Nutrition.
• Liaise and coordinate with relevant government and local authorities in line Ministries for health and nutrition service delivery.
• Maintain good donor relationships, particularly with donors funding the health and nutrition portfolio.
• Liaise and coordinate with key stakeholders and partners, including UN agencies, NGOs conducting health and nutrition programming or other programming in WV operational areas, UN logistics (convoy management) wherever appropriate and required.
• In coordination with Program Officer, maintain regular engagement with Support Office and Regional Office as and when required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
• BSc Hon Nutrition, Public Health, Nursing
• Minimum 5 year experience in public health sector; Experience in complex emergencies considered a strong asset.
• Proven team management and coordination skills.
• Strongly prefer fluency in English (written, oral).
• Certificate for HEAT or other equal security training.
• Master in Health science, in Public/Community Health or related field strongly preferred.
• Technical skills, including familiarity with WV project models in health and nutrition and experience in building staff capacity in and monitoring the implementation of those models.
• Enthusiastic and proactive individuals passionate about reducing malnutrition. Good interpersonal skills and cross-cultural sensitivity.
• Capacity and interest to travel to the field and projects sites on a regular basis.
• Clear understanding of health and nutrition programming and its relation to child well-being.
• Excellent written communication skills, including ability to write and edit technical components of project reports and related communication materials.
• Ability to advise and mentor a diverse team of field practitioners and partners.
• Significant international and/or cross cultural experiences.
• Computer proficiency in Microsoft products or equivalent.
• Proven experience in project design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, technical quality assurance and report writing.
• Proven experience in community development work with a thorough understanding of sustainable development and community-level health and nutrition interventions.
• Some experience with bilateral donors, grant acquisition and implementation, and proposal writing is highly desirable.
Working Environment / Conditions:
• Work environment: Fields-Based Staff.
• Travel: 20% domestic/international travels is required.
• On call: Available for communication with partners and colleagues from diverse time zones.
- Organization: World Vision
- Location: Juba
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Health service
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Public Administration - Restructuring
- Closing Date: 2016-05-30