Senior M&E Technical Advisor, Mozambique, 7453
Maputo | Mozambique
Please note: This position is contingent on successful award of project funding. Mozambique nationals are encouraged to apply.
PATH is an international organization that drives transformative innovation to save lives and improve health, especially among women and children. We accelerate innovation across five platforms—vaccines, drugs, diagnostics, devices, and system and service innovations—that harness our entrepreneurial insight, scientific and public health expertise, and passion for health equity. By mobilizing partners around the world, we take innovation to scale, working alongside countries primarily in Africa and Asia to tackle their greatest health needs. Together, we deliver measurable results that disrupt the cycle of poor health.
PATH seeks a Senior M&E Technical Advisor for the anticipated USAID-funded Mozambique Integrated Malaria Project (MIMP). The purpose of MIMP is to enhance malaria control activities by providing technical assistance to develop and evaluate an evidence-based Integrated Malaria Project. MIMP will support malaria case management, capacity building, and behavior change activities in Tete, Nampula, Zambezia, and Cabo Delgado Provinces. This position may be located in Maputo or one of the four provinces. The Senior M&E Technical Advisor, will be responsible for the following key activities:
· Develop the overall framework for M&E systems, including requirements, baseline and evaluation surveys.
· Ensure the alignment of research and M&E activities with program goals, and contribute to the development of annual work plans to identify project targets and ensure inclusion of M&E activities.
· Develop and implement M&E reporting guidelines and systems designed to inform the direction of the project, including data quality and data use strategies.
· Train program staff on M&E guidelines, survey instruments, data collection tools, and other tools for M&E.
· Supervise all staff involved in collecting and analyzing data and reporting results.
· Design process for monitoring and evaluation of sub-grantees, in collaboration with program leadership.
· Foster participatory planning and monitoring by training and involving primary stakeholders (using a rights-based approach).
· Conduct field-based monitoring, technical assistance, and training to program teams, and partner organizations, to strengthen their capacity in the collection, cleaning, and analysis of data for program management and donor reporting.
· Collaborate with counterparts and partner organizations, including other USAID programs, in work planning and program implementation.
· Contribute to the development and implementation of a strategy for synthesizing and disseminating key results, programmatic lessons learned, and other research outputs of the program.
· Contribute to and review program reports prior to submission to donors and headquarters.
· Excellent knowledge of monitoring and evaluation principles and best practices.
· Demonstrated capacity to use project M&E to advance strategic goals and provide data for decision-making.
· Demonstrated ability and skills in data analysis and synthesis, performance evaluation and correction, and report writing.
· Knowledge of malaria specific issues related to M&E.
· Competency in training, institutional capacity-building, citizen participation, and advocacy and public policy is highly desired.
· Excellent representational and communication skills.
· Written and oral proficiency in English.
· Written and oral proficiency in Portuguese highly desirable.
· Knowledge of statistical software (such as SPSS, STATA, and SAS) and familiarity with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access (or similar tools) is preferred.
· Knowledge of USAID data collection and reporting requirements is highly desirable.
· Ability to travel within Mozambique up to 50% of the time depending on where the position is based.
A Master’s Degree in a relevant field is required (development studies, public health, demography, statistics, etc.). A minimum of 8 years of experience and demonstrated practical skills in monitoring and evaluation of programs, preferably for USAID funded programs. Demonstrated experience in the development and implementation of monitoring and evaluation frameworks and systems required for community development programs. Experience developing study design and methodology including sampling procedures, assisting with implementation, analysis and write-up to inform policy is preferred.
Apply directly through the PATH website at: http://bit.ly/1sBITHS
- Organization: PATH - Global Health Organization
- Location: Maputo | Mozambique
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Accounting (Audit, Controlling)
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Closing Date: 2016-06-19