Knowledge Management Program Officer - Haiti Assistance Program
Washington DC | Washington D.C
The American Red Cross (ARC) International Services Department (ISD) seeks to prevent and alleviate human suffering around the world by responding to disasters, building safer, more resilient communities, and educating future humanitarians. With programs and partners in 70 countries, the American Red Cross working to strengthen the global Red Cross Red Crescent Network in order to deliver critical assistance to some of the most vulnerable communities in the world, reaching 100 million people annually.
The ARC Haiti Assistance Program (HAP) was established to direct the organization’s response to the 2010 Earthquake in Haiti. HAP activities focus on integrated community recovery and preparedness interventions in Haiti working within the Red Cross/Red Crescent Network, particularly with the Haitian Red Cross and also through external partners.
The Program Officer for Knowledge Management (PO KM) supports the process of capturing, analyzing, and sharing program information, using Excel and Salesforce based databases. H/She will work with the HAP team to effectively use knowledge to make evidence-based decisions, and identify and share lessons learned and best practices among internal and external stakeholders. Collaborating as part of the HAP Team s/he supports the HAP Manager and backs up the other Senior Program Officers with data management and knowledge sharing. Additionally, the PO KM will have project management experience and be able to support (as requested) a small portfolio of projects from start to finish through the grant cycle and should be familiar with PMD Pro or the equivalent.
This is a full time position, and will be based at the American Red Cross National Headquarters and requires approximately 30% travel. The PO KM will report directly to the HAP Manager and will work closely with the HAP HQ, Information Management, Communications, and Insight and Learning teams, to provide technical assistance and support to HAP HQ and the HAP Delegation in Haiti.
- Manages, analyzes and reports out on HAP project data using Excel, a customized Salesforce platform, and other tools.
- Systematically conducts data audits in the Salesforce database on a quarterly basis to ensure that data is up-to-date, sources are accurate, and gaps are identified and addressed with appropriate program staff members.
- Supports HAP learning agenda and knowledge management priorities.
- Tracks nation- and region-wide indicators to help contextualize HAP team’s work.
- Tracks beneficiaries reached through HAP team’s work via a combination of tools.
- Actively participates in cross-departmental initiatives which directly relate to information, reporting and communication questions/issues, as needed.
- Produces information products (presentations, factsheets, reports, etc..) as needed, and assists Communications team with other externally-facing products, including website updates and press-inquiries.
Project & Grant Management:
- Leads project close-outs to support documenting and mainstreaming best practices and lessons learned related to Haiti relief and recovery programming, partnerships, or other topics relevant to ARC’s work.
- Performs project management functions, including programmatic, financial and administrative tasks in support of project operations as assigned.
- Monitors and oversees partner progress with regards to grant compliance, project implementation, M&E, and both programmatic and financial reporting.
- Works with the Delegation counterparts to ensure timely and accurate completion of monitoring visits and reports which reflect compliance and acceptable performance with stated objectives and agreed upon activities.
- Assists the HAP Manager in monitoring and communicating project-specific or overall program performance.
- Ensures effective coordination and information sharing with and between American Red Cross-supported partner projects, as well as projects implemented directly by ARC.
- Backstops for other team members when required.
- In the event of a sudden-onset disaster in Haiti, supports the Haiti Disaster Response lead in managing all aspects of disaster response. Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree in related field preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of related experience required.
- Experience in information and knowledge management technologies, tools, and approaches.
- Excellent writing, speaking and interpersonal skills to adequately represent the organization to external stakeholders and internal support departments.
- Solid experience in grant making and project management with local and international organizations.
- Previous experience working in the field of international disaster response and recovery programs.
- Understanding of and experience working with NGOs.
- Proven ability to effectively coordinate the activities of multiple stakeholders simultaneously.
- Experience interpreting and analyzing project reports.
- Experience drafting, implementing, and monitoring contracts and agreements.
- Project design, monitoring and evaluation experience.
- Exceptional organizational skills required.
- Experience working for the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement preferred.
- Experience working in a donor capacity preferred.
- Experience with Salesforce or similar cloud-based database platforms highly preferred.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite, especially InDesign and Illustrator, highly preferred.
- Fluency in a foreign language is an advantage, particularly French and/or Creole.
- Selected candidate must be legally allowed to work in the US without any need for Visa Sponsorship now or in the future
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Organization: Red Cross - American
- Location: Washington DC | Washington D.C
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Education and Training
- Management, Administration and Finance
- Closing Date: 2016-05-27