Program Coordinator Syria M/F
Secours Islamique France (SIF) was created in 1991, and has developed international programs in order to alleviate the suffering of the most vulnerable in France and around the world. SIF acts wherever humanitarian and social needs require mobilization of emergency relief and implementation of development programs. SIF works strictly following the humanitarian principles of neutrality, independence, and impartiality. SIF provides humanitarian assistance to people while respecting cultural diversity, regardless of origin, political or religious affiliation, gender or belief.
SIF is registered and working in Syria since 2008. Since the crisis SIF Syria is implementing projects for the displaced persons in several governorates of Syria. Currently, SIF is implementing Shelter projects in partnership with UNHCR. There are good perspectives to work in partnership with UNICEF for education/protection sector. SIF is also responding in Lebanon since 2012 and in Jordan in 2014 providing assistance to Syrian refugees.
In order to improve the development of the programs inside Syria SIF is urgently recruiting a Program Coordinator.
The position is based in Damascus.
Under the line management of the Head of Mission, the Program Coordinator is in charge of development and management of the ongoing and future programs in Syria. He/she provides leadership of the team and develops working relationships with partners and beneficiaries. He/she coordinates with the support services of the mission.
Missions and activities:
Program Development and Management
- Oversee field assessments and participate in developing the country program strategy
- Address the feasibility of SIF’s proposals and realign them in light of the field assessment findings.
- Continue the ongoing reorientation and expansion of the program, in line with the evolution of the humanitarian situation.
- Develop and maintain SIF's emergency preparedness capacity
- Manage the implementation of all projects in the Syria, and review and suggest amendments.
- Plan and monitor project activities and outputs against project indicators, timeframes and budgets, and report accordingly.
Staff Management / Human Resources
- Provide leadership and management to the program team.
- Develop collaborative and open working relationships with partners and beneficiaries
- Attend coordination meetings
Logistics, Safety and Security Management
- Coordinate with the Logistic Coordinator team in line with project needs.
- Report any security information to the HOM and LC
Administration and Finance
- Ensure compliance to administrative, financial and logistic guidelines & procedures
- Draft monthly and quarterly reports according donor's requirements.
This is a non-exhaustive list
- Profile :
Minimum 5 years of previous experience in humanitarian work, including previous experiences as program coordinator
Experience of working within an insecure environment with responsibility for security planning, monitoring and management, preferably with a focus on emergency and early recovery, protection, education, shelter, wash
Knowledge and understanding of project management tools
Significant experience within an international NGO
Proven problem solving and organizational skills, flexible and calm under pressure
Strong communication skills, with excellent written and spoken English
An understanding of and commitment to SIF’s mission and values
Familiarity with the Syrian crisis and population displacement issues
Wages to be defined according to profile + per diem
1 year contract
To apply*,* please send us your CV and a cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Organization: Secours Islamique
- Location: Damascus
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Closing Date: 2016-05-28