Human Resources Systems
Dublin | Dublin
Job Title: HR Systems Manager
Start Date: ASAP
Reports to: Head of HR
PLEASE NOTE THAT APPLICANTS MUST BE LEGALLY ENTITLED TO WORK IN IRELAND
General Description of the Programme
GOAL is an international humanitarian agency established in 1977 and currently operational in 19 countries world-wide. GOAL has an annual budget of approximately €160m and is supported by a range of donors including the Irish Government, UK Government, USAID and the European Union.
Overview of the role
- To function as the system owner and subject matter expert for a global HRIS implementation, ensuring the solution supports ‘best-practice’ processes and requirements for the long term.
- To assess impact, facilitate change and engage buy-in to ensure the effective delivery and user acceptance of the solution throughout the organisation.
- To have and be able to convey the vision for the HR function and supporting system.
- To identify opportunities for change and enhancement of HR activity either through process improvement, training or system requirements.
- In conjunction with the global HR teams and the software supplier, to define the system roles, processes and data structures to ensure they are fit for purpose and consistent across the organisation.
- To assess and prioritise requirements based on HR best practice and organisational need, identify when system or operational changes are required.
- To scope and advise senior stakeholders of the organisational impact of the systems implementation in terms of competencies roles, responsibilities, training, communication.
- To work with the Project Manager to identify the HR activities and resources required for the delivery of the solution.
- To build a relationship with the supplier to ensure understanding of requirements, validate the systems design and ensure that the solution is tested to match the business requirements.
- To scope data the migration, define employee information requirements and validate the data migration exercise.
- To facilitate comprehensive end-to-end testing to ensure user acceptance of the solution.
- To communicate and influence at both management and operational levels within the organisation to engage support and understanding for the system
- To design and deliver system training, create and maintain engaging user training material and system guides
- Provide a single point of contact for the HR community for system issues and queries during the implementation.
- To liaise with the supplier to ensure prompt response to queries and resolution of systems issues.
- Needs to have a solid background in the HR profession with understanding of the processes, information, functions and roles within the capability.
- Has had a lead role in the implementation of an HR information system, within a global organisation, with end-to-end experience of the technology project lifecycle.
- Background in identifying change needs, delivering change management or process re-engineering activities.
- Broad understanding of the current and emerging technology trends and developments in the HR sector.
GOAL has a Staff Code of Conduct and a Child Protection Policy, which have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants and children from exploitation. GOAL also has a confidentiality policy ensuring the non-disclosure of any information whatsoever relating to the practices and business of GOAL, acquired in the course of duty, to any other person or organisation without authority, except in the normal execution of duty. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to these policies any job offer made is also subject to police clearance. GOAL is an equal opportunities employer.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated. Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.
- Organization: GOAL
- Location: Dublin | Dublin
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Human Resources
- Human Resources
- Closing Date: 2016-05-31