Head of Digital (HQ)
Salary range: Competitive compensation package commensurate with experience and qualifications
Start date: August 2016
Duty station: Stockholm, Sweden
Application deadline: 22 May 2016
Contract type: Permanent
SEI is seeking a Head of Digital to make SEI great at digital communication. You will be a key member of SEI’s international communications team, collaborating with SEI staff worldwide. SEI’s mission is to bridge science and policy, and our team works closely with researchers to “translate” complex concepts into materials that are accessible and relevant to decision makers. We work around the world, and our staff is multinational and highly diverse. We produce a wide range of publications – from policy briefs to books – and also communicate our research through blog posts, web articles, social media, videos and media outreach. We are always on the lookout for new ways to communicate and add to the skills in the team.
You will lead the implementation of the Digital Strategy and ensure SEI has a strong and resilient digital foundation with buy-in across the Institute. Day-to-day, you will also oversee the content available through our website, social media, and multimedia channels. You will be responsible for strategies, guidelines and training for our online content and channels. Versatility, initiative and an ability to work on tight deadlines are key. The successful candidate will also be able to demonstrate a track record of raising the digital performance of a team or organisation.
- Delivering on digital performance targets;
- Developing digital capacity within the SEI communications team and among SEI researchers;
- Curating SEI’s website;
- Sourcing, creating and posting high-quality, up-to-date content for the SEI website, working closely with the SEI communications team and research staff;
- Improving SEI's use and presence in social media by developing and implementing a global social media strategy and guidelines for SEI;
- Implementing the digital content strategy;
- Delivering training and support for posting content online through the website, social media, multimedia;
- Developing a system to monitor and evaluate SEI’s online engagement and feed this into actions to improve engagement and online content.
Skills and qualifications- Essential
- Proven experience in designing and implementing digital strategies;
- Extensive experience in creating and producing online content in different forms for websites, social networks, and multimedia channels;
- Experience in managing large digital projects, such as the build of a large complex website;
- Broad range of website skills, including managing a website using a modern CMS;
- Experience in web analytics, search engine and marketing;
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently on deadline, often multi-tasking and coordinating with multiple colleagues;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including ability to work with people from different cultures;
- Comfortable and fluent working and communicating in English;
- At least a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
Skills and qualifications - Desirable
- Staff management experience;
- Experience working with researchers or in a research context;
- An interest in and knowledge of environment and development issues;
- Practical experience in editing blogs;
- Practical skills in one or more of these areas:
- Creating audio-visual content;
- Video filming and/or editing;
- Developing infographics;
- Strong photo and image editing skills.
- Organization: SEI - Stockholm Environment Institute
- Location: Stockholm
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Information Technology and Computer Science
- Closing Date: 2016-05-22