Private Sector and Enterprise Development Advisor
Colombo | Colombo
Location : Colombo with frequent travel to districts in Sri Lanka
Contract : National , 01 Year Fixed Term Appointment
Oxfam is looking for an experienced individual to facilitate the delivery of Oxfam’s strategic priorities by actively promoting innovation and support for pro-poor entrepreneurship including innovation strategies. The role will lead and facilitate the development of new and innovate partnerships and strengthen staff and partner capacities to engage with private sector in programs. Supporting of field teams and partners with design and implementation of Livelihoods and Market Access Projects and strengthen community enterprise development is key to the role.
- A Degree or a professional qualification in a relevant discipline. (Economics, Marketing, Management or Social Science)
- Minimum of 5 years of demonstrated experience working with business development activities or economic development projects including private sector engagement, enterprise development, values chain facilitation and producer organization /cooperative society development.
- An up to date understanding of private sector and sustainability issues including in value chains, corporate social responsibility and norms and standards related to business and sustainability.
- Excellent networks with private sector actors, government institutions and other stakeholders.
- Breadth of previous experience of programme planning, management, and evaluation processes in conflict affected countries.
- Commitment to gender issues and to addressing gender inequalities in all key areas of responsibilities.
- Excellent command of English language and the capacity to communicate effectively, orally and in written formats. Language skills in Sinhala and /or Tamil is desirable.
- Proven influencing and negotiating skills with internal and external audiences in complex and stressful circumstances.
- Commitment to Oxfam’s overall aims and beliefs, including diversity and equal opportunities and gender equity in all of Oxfam’s work.
The position description can be obtained by logging on to:
Send the CV with a cover letter addressing the relevant selection criteria, and references and contact telephone numbers to firstname.lastname@example.org or HR Team, Oxfam, No.15, Rohini Road, Colombo 06.
Closing date for applications: At 5.00 p.m Sunday 08 May 2016.
We thank all applicants but only those shortlisted will be informed of the outcome of their application.
- Organization: Oxfam Australia
- Location: Colombo | Colombo
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Development Cooperation
- Development Cooperation
- Closing Date: 2016-05-08