Procurement Officer – national contract
The closure of borders in early March 2016 has triggered a build-up of refugee and migrant population on mainland Greece. The displaced population is currently accommodated in 34 emergency reception sites across the mainland, which will keep receiving additional influx from the Greek islands and spontaneous camps over the next weeks. The emergency reception sites are under the management and responsibility of the Ministry of Migration Policy (MoMP) or the Ministry of Defense (MoD).
With the overall objective of urgently improving the quality of the protection environment and conditions for persons likely in need of international protection, DRC projects seek to support primary duty-bearers (Ministry of Migration Policy as the primary actor) to the furthest extent possible through the implementation of protection, site management services, shelter, WASH and other activities in emergency reception centres across the mainland, commencing in the old airport (Elleniku II).
The Procurement Officer main responsibility is to support the Area Manager in overall procurement services for the projects in DRC Greece Central/North.
- Ensure that all procurement is done according to DRC policies and guidelines and that the paper-trail is always intact. This includes preparation of tender documents, establishing relevant tender committees, upkeep of a suppliers list and a procurement tracker, etc.
- Communication with relevant departments on procurement status
- Follow up with suppliers and contractors to ensure timely and effective supply and delivery of goods, services and works
- Prepare monthly/quarterly reports by: updating procurement tracking sheet and update the project on procurement status report
- Assist in acquisition and maintenance of transport services as per DRC policy and keep an efficient fleet management system
- Other duties as assigned by the Area Manager
The position is supervised by: Area Manager Central/North
- Relevant university degree
- Good computer skills (PowerPoint, Word, Excel…)
- Well-developed organizational and planning skills
- Management skills, including strong teambuilding skills
- Able to communicate both verbally and written in English and Greek
- 3 years of relevant work experience
- NGO experience preferred
- Punctuality and respect for rules and procedures
- Can work independently, i.e. with minimal supervision and able to work well under pressure
- Driving licence holder
- Must be able to maintain highest level of confidentiality regarding work-related information and data
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This position is requested for a period of eight months with potential to extend based on performance, DRC requirements and availability of funds.
We offer a fair compensation package depending on your qualification and experiences. DRC provides training opportunities to develop and strengthen the quality of its services as well as its staff members’ professional and personal development.
The position will be based in Thessaloniki (Greece) and national terms and conditions apply.
Interested? Then apply for this position on line: www.drc.dk/about-drc/vacancies/current-vacancies
All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English.
Applications close on 8th of May.
Due to the urgency of the position DRC reserves the right to recruit a candidate who matches the required profile before the above deadline.
- Organization: DRC - Danish Refugee Council
- Location: Thessaloníki
- Grade: Mid/Senior
- Closing Date: 2016-05-08